Need friendly, expert nutrition advice you can trust? I'm an experienced Dietitian and health writer specialising in weight management and fat loss, sports nutrition and IBS (including the low FODMAP diet).
I don't believe in fad diets - I'm passionate about helping you to improve your relationship with food, and change your eating habits to help you reach your health goals. Whether that's weight loss, muscle gain, improving IBS, managing energy levels or supporting a healthy digestive system I will help you to understand how your diet affects your wellbeing.
I am the nutrition expert for kiqplan (http://www.kiqplan.com) and a regular contributor in Running Fitness, Cycling Fitness and Cycling Weekly magazines. I'm trained in the low FODMAP diet - an effective approach to managing IBS, and I'm experienced in sports and performance nutrition.
I offer 1-2-1 private consultations which can be arranged face-to-face or via email, phone and Skype. My areas of expertise include weight loss, digestive health (including irritable bowel syndrome, coeliac disease, functional bloating, and the low FODMAP diet), psoriasis and sports / performance nutrition.
“An absolutely superb service. For the first time I have made a diet work – losing over 20lbs. Laura is quite simply excellent.”
“Laura introduced me to the FODMAPS programme to manage my IBS which has helped my symptoms 100%!!! I now know what food groups can trigger my symptoms whereas before I had no idea that, aside from the usual wheat and dairy culprits, even some vegetables or legumes can cause problems”.
“I’ve found the service to be really helpful. Importantly, Laura’s advice is pragmatic and practical and is designed to fit in with how I live (and want to live) my life. She’s helping me make some changes which I think will be long term rather than just something I do for a couple of months to lose a few pounds. In 3.5 months, I’ve lost circa 15 kilos”
“When looking through my food plan Laura had added things in I loved, I wondered could I eat what I love AND lose weight? I struggled the first few days with the amount of food I was eating but I made a great loss in the first week. I had fantastic support from Laura, knowing she was there to answer any questions even if I thought they were stupid. I thought I knew about food but I was going around it the wrong way, this has shown me you don’t have to be hungry to lose weight”.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bachelors degree in Nutrition, health and lifestyles
- Masters degree in Public Health Nutrition
- Postgraduate Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Trained to deliver the low FODMAP diet
- Currently completing the International Olympic Committee Diploma in Sports Nutrition.
- Laura is HCPC Registered (Health & Care Professionals Council)
- Member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Member of Sports Dietitians UK, BDA Gastroenterology Specialist Group
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Balanced diet
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Healthy eating
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Obesity *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Fees vary according to services but start from £90 for a one hour consultation. Please contact Laura for more details.
Please see tiltnutrition.co.uk for more information, or follow Laura on twitter @nutritilty for nutrition tips and advice.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I work flexible hours to suit your needs - consultations can be arranged before and after work hours or during weekends to work around your commitments.