Laura Johnson BSc (Hons) CNM Dip MBANT CNHC
Laura specialises in personalised, nourishing weight-management programmes and is experienced in supporting and treating a range of gastro-intestinal symptoms and gut disorders.
She helps people to find the best way of eating to suit their unique body, lifestyle and preferences. Weight-management with Laura is never about restrictive diets, hunger or cravings.
Laura is currently taking on new clients looking to:
- Lose weight sustainably for the long term
- Relieve symptoms of poor digestion and other gastrointestinal problems
- Achieve improved energy
- Prepare for conception
- Adapt to food intolerances and sensitivities
- Remove sugar and clean up their diet
- Get a good night's rest
- Explore and improve a wide range of health problems associated with our 21st Century diet & lifestyle!
"Laura tailored the plan to exactly what I do and don’t like to eat. I was able to still enjoy eating my dark chocolate and nuts and even increased my lunch size to keep me going for the rest of the day. I couldn’t believe that I was able to lose weight this way but I was and I managed to get to my ideal weight within a couple of months. Laura does not do quick fixes which can soon become unfixed. The main aim is to lose weight in a sustainable and manageable weight whilst not actually realising you are on a diet – hence making it very easy to keep the weight off! “Treats” are (occasionally) allowed but most importantly for me I never go hungry!"
Danielle W (weight-management May 2016)
"I have tried various diets and weight loss programmes and never experienced results like this – or felt so happy and stable (with other positive side effects, such as radiantly healthy skin, hair etc.). Not only has this been an enjoyable and successful regime to undertake – it has also been a fascinating experience and I have looked forward to each session with Laura".
Claire H (weight-management)
"When I received the Treatment Plan I was impressed just how comprehensive it was, whilst remaining easy to understand and achievable to comply with. I have followed the treatment plan for nearly a year, and my General Health and Lifestyle have improved greatly.I cannot recommend Laura's treatment highly enough, and I am extremely thankful that she was recommended to me" Jan P (multiple health concerns)
“I always thought I ate quite healthily, but feel Laura has re-educated my food knowledge and changed how I eat. I’m feeling more equipped to handle stress, and my focus at work is much improved.” Zoe H, (working long hours with low energy levels)
- 1-2-1 consultations & reviews with personalised plan of action and practical advice on how to apply her recommendations simply & effectively
- Weight-management packages to support you from starting out to achieving your goals
- Body composition analysis using Tanita scales
- Inspirational sugar-free recipes
Laura will occasionally recommend laboratory testing to discover the root cause of gut issues, or to identify food intolerances, plus safe and effective supplements where applicable.
If you are under the care of your GP or other health professional, Laura will ensure her advice works alongside your existing treatment plan.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Nutritional Therapy (CNM Dip), College of Naturopathic Medicine, London (2010)
Meditation Teacher Diploma (2016)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Botany / soil science (1996)
Memberships / Registrations:
Current member of The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
CNHC Registered (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
Nutrition Advisor for Lisa Foley Fitness Personal Training Group - 2012-current
Food Education Presenter in schools throughout Greater Manchester - 2014-current
Zest4life Practitioner (2011-2014)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Introductory 15 minute telephone consultation to discuss your requirements FREE.
Please call 07782 325210
2 Session Package £95
Full 90 minute 1-2-1 consultation £70. Includes personalised recommendations by email following the appointment and email support between appointments
Follow up sessions, lasting 45-60 minutes £35 - includes review of recommendations & progress, plus email support between appointments
Home visits available.
Skype and phone follow up consultations are also available. Please call me with your requirements.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Consultations available Tuesday to Friday. Weekends on request.