Kirsten Crothers BSc Hons RD
77 Lever Street
49 Barlow Moor Road
Kirsten Crothers is a Specialist Registered Dietitian with a BSc Hons degree in dietetics. She is experienced in managing and treating a range of health conditions through diet such as gut disorders, diabetes, heart disease and PCOS.
Through her career, Kirsten has gained a wealth of knowledge by working in a variety of NHS settings and with private clients. Earlier this year she set up The Food Treatment Clinic which offers a range of specialist dietary treatments. Through these consultations, Kirsten is able to use her experience and the latest science to provide nutrition plans which get real results.
What you will not get from Kirsten is a ‘fad diet’ as this suggests something which is extreme, difficult to follow and unnecessary. Instead you will receive a personalised plan and explanation enabling you to control and understand your own body for the rest of your life.
- Louise Kermack - (April 2016)
“Thanks to Kirsten I have lost over a stone in weight, something I did not think was even possible, let alone losing it in just over 2 months – even with a 2 week holiday in the middle.
No fads, no syns, no point counting just a simple, straight forward approach to healthy eating. It’s really so simple, I only wish I had got in touch with her sooner.
I recommend the Food Treatment Clinic to anyone struggling with their weight. Her methods work and results can be seen in a very short period of time.”
- Sarah Beaney (March 2016)
“Kirsten’s great to work with. Friendly and knowledgable she gave thorough advice to tackle my health issues and I saw very quick improvements. Always available at the end of an email she always responded quickly and encouragingly. I was frustrated that Dietician support wasn’t available to me through the NHS but in Kirsten found a great practitioner who worked very effectively to help me relieve discomfort that had been troubling me for months. With the added bonus of weight loss I now feel much healthier and happier. I thoroughly recommend Kirsten for any issues that may be related to or helped by diet, especially gut related.”
- Portia Bradford (February 2016)- Weight loss
With your guidance & advice I am steadily losing weight which I am over the moon about, clearly the right eating plan & exercise has finally moved my weight in the right direction, still a way to go but definitely a life changer,
I feel I can continue putting your advice into practice and thank you for opening my eyes to certain bad habits.
I am quite content with the results so far and can now continue on my own.
Thanks for putting me on the right path Kirsten much appreciated, i do hope i can call on your services again if I need you.”
- Sharon Jones (January 2016)
“I have been delighted with the kind and professional service I have received from Kirsten at The Food Clinic. As the others have said Kirsten is very friendly and easy to talk to, her advise is straightforward and easy to understand and the support is fabulous.
I decided to find a dietician after suffering for years with diet related problems – these issues disappeared within one week of following Kirsten’s advice. I would certainly recommend her services and will most definitely be keeping in touch.
The food clinic is very reasonably priced and the service you will receive is exemplary.”
- Claire Whitfield, Manchester- IBS (December 2015)
“After my time with Kirsten, I highly recommend going to see a dietician. I had been diagnosed with IBS but was unable to clarify what my body was reacting to specifically as it was so inconsistent and I was not eating properly or enjoying food as a result. As doctors were not able to help they suggested to see a dietician, this is where a friend recommended Kirsten to me.
Kirsten is very knowledgeable and very thorough in identifying the cause of the symptoms and was efficiently able to work with me in forming a plan to follow during the first consultation. From there, I had her support throughout via email to check my progress in between consultations. I now have a greater understanding of the foods that affect me and why. I’m feeling so much better as a result. It’s so wonderful to actually enjoy eating again! Thank you Kirsten!”
- Andrew Caine, Bolton- Acid Reflux
“I came to Kirsten after suffering with Acid Indigestion and Acid Reflux for many years as I wanted to explore an alternative to permanent long term use of Omeprazole medication and to understand the triggers for my digestive problems. I prepared a Food Diary for Kirsten and she immediately explained where I was going wrong and not just what foods and drinks to avoid but also the bad habits that I’d picked up over the years regarding diet. Some of these habits I was completely oblivious to and it needed that expert advice from Kirsten to explain to me where I was going wrong. We worked together on a Food and Drink plan and the results after just a matter of weeks were remarkable. In addition the Customer Service was excellent I never felt rushed and was very professional. I would certainly recommend Kirsten.”
- Emma, aged 35, Manchester- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Pre-diabetes- September 2015
“I went to see Kirsten for support with my diet when I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome and pre diabetes. She was really knowledgable and easy to talk to. She took my needs into account and made sure that each consultation covered what I wanted to know. She also kept in touch via email which was really helpful for any quick questions I had. I now feel confident in my new diet and feel it is making a real difference to my health.”
- ‘Anonymous,’ – Irritable Bowel Syndrome Sufferer- July 2015“
After suffering with IBS since childhood and feeling unsupported by GPs I was completely over the moon when I found Kirsten. The treatment I have received in only a few short weeks has dramatically improved my symptoms and completely redefined how I think and feel about food and my diet. Kirsten makes you feel at ease right away and truly listens to what you have to say about your diet and symptoms, something I felt was lacking from other medical care I have been given. She is so helpful and supportive even emailing between sessions to check how things are going and helping when you have a complete “onions are in everything” FODMAP meltdown.” Finally at 25 after 20 years of symptoms I am starting to feel normal.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BsC Hons Degree in Dietetics from The University of Hertfordshire
- Specialist courses in IBS (including the low FODMAP diet), Kidney Disease and Liver Disease
- NHS and private experience covering areas such as IBS, coeliac disease, weight loss, renal disease, diabetes (types 1 and 2), Chrons disease, food allergies, food intolerance's, oncology, mental health, obesity surgery, gastroenterology, women's health and arthritis.
- Working closely with specialist surgeons and Consultants.
- Contributing writer for 'The Debrief Magazine' and 'Clinical Nutrition Magazine'
- Official British Dietetic Media Spokesperson
Personal Life Experience
As well as her work life, Kirsten also has a huge personal interest in food and healthy living. Being diagnosed with PCOS she first developed an interest in being able to manipulate her diet to suit her body's needs and commenced training to become a registered Dietitian.
Kirsten has travelled the world exploring food and cooking techniques in places such as India, America, the Caribbean and South Africa. This in tern has lead to a healthy obsession with baking and cooking, allowing her to understand food so that she could still have 'treats' within her healthy diet.
As well as food Kirsten loves to keep active and as a busy person she understands how difficult it can be to get that exercise into a daily routine.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
1-2-1 Consultations: £80 for an initial 60 minute appointment and £60 for a 45 minute follow up (including email support between sessions).
- Body composition assessment.
- A personalised plan of action with written explanation.
- Summary of agreed changes and goals.
- Tools to help you monitor your dietary changes.
- Tools to help you monitor your progress and success.
Other services and tailor made packages can be arranged- please see the website for more details
Skype Consultations: £70.00 per consultation
IBS and low FODMAP package: 3 consultations, support between reviews, Kings College written information
Monthly Dietitian Support: (2 month minimum contract)
- Initial 60 minute assessment – including body composition measurements, diet review, medical nutrition review, plan, information pack +/- diet plan (as needed)
- Weekly 45 minute Skype or face to face consultations (depending on client preference)
- Unlimited SMS and email support between consultations
- Monthly progress reports
- Diet Analysis
- The Low FODMAP diet (IBS)
- Skype and Phone Consultations
- Corporate Services
- Media Services
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Interpreters can be arranged at an additional cost|