Kirsten Crothers Specialist IBS and PCOS Dietitian
Malone Medical Chambers
142 Malone Road
0161 759 0412 / 07827 817013
I support professional women with digestive health problems, such as IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome), Coeliac Disease and Acid Reflux (Heartburn).
For several years of my life, I struggled with both PCOS and digestive health problems which made it difficult when trying to manage a busy and hectic schedule, so I completely understand what it is like for women struggling with similar health issues. And with the NHS only able to provide limited support for myself and women like me, I felt like I was alone and left having to plan my life around my symptoms.
This led me to start reading around how I could manage my digestive health issues with food and diet, discovering that many of symptoms of digestive health problems can be easily managed through dietary changes, providing relief from distressing symptoms.
I then went on to become a registered dietitian and digestive health specialist so that I can help and support other women like me get relief from their symptoms and feel normal inside again.
With extensive experience working in the NHS at both Sheffield Hallamshire and Wythenshawe Hospitals, I set up The Food Treatment Clinic in Manchester, and now work with professional women. You can rest assured that my methods will get you the control over your symptoms that you need and help you regain your self-confidence.
In Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) I have a 91% success rate.
I offer a complimentary 15 minute consultation, where we can discuss your digestive health problems in complete confidence and answer any further questions about my services, please feel free to complete the contact form and book your free consultation today.
Kelly-Marie Musgreave (February, 2017)
“I can’t believe the difference Kirsten’s help has made to my digestive health in such a short space of time! I feel the best I have in years and now have the knowledge to keep myself well in the future. She also gave me great advice on how to manage my diet for PCOS and gave me much clearer advice on both issues than I’ve ever had from my GP. She’s always there to help between reviews if you’re not sure you’re doing the right thing and is so approachable and friendly that you can’t really be embarrassed! I just wish I’d done it years ago.
Thanks Kirsten “
Megan Ellis (February, 2017)
“Had great help working out what foods triggered my IBS. The diet that was given to me helped immensely and I can enjoy eating food again without worrying about being in pain afterwards!”
Shelley, Manchester (January, 2017)
“I am extremely pleased with my results and progress in only 4 weeks after visiting Kirsten. I have a lot more knowledge on how to lead a healthy lifestyle and ease my PCOS symptoms. Kirsten is always happy to stay in touch and offer advice whenever needed which I have found very helpful. I am already looking forward to my next review in 4 weeks.”
Training, qualifications & experience
- BsC Hons Degree in Dietetics from The University of Hertfordshire
- Specialist courses in IBS (including the low FODMAP diet), Kidney Disease and Liver Disease
- NHS and private experience covering areas such as IBS, coeliac disease, weight loss, renal disease, diabetes (types 1 and 2), Chrons disease, food allergies, food intolerance's, oncology, mental health, obesity surgery, gastroenterology, women's health and arthritis.
- Working closely with specialist surgeons and Consultants.
- Contributing writer for 'The Debrief Magazine' and 'Clinical Nutrition Magazine'
- Official British Dietetic Media Spokesperson
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Other Services Available
- Diet Analysis
- The Low FODMAP diet (IBS)
- Skype and Phone Consultations
- Corporate Services
- Media Services
- Freelance writing
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Interpreters can be arranged at an additional cost|