Kirsten Crothers BSc Hons RD
77 Lever Street
49 Barlow Moor Road
0161 759 0412 / 07827 817013
Through my career, I have worked in various NHS and private settings including oncology, gastro-surgical, gastroenterology and weight management. I have also been lucky enough to have worked with some of the worlds top consultants in Coeliac Disease and Motor-Neurone Disease. This wide range of experience has allowed me to build my own practise which provides clients with the tailored nutrition advice that they need in order to achieve their own goals.
Although there are many others working within the nutrition field, I found that their approach is often limited due to their ‘one size fits all’ attitude or their lack of knowledge around specialist conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome and PCOS. With this is mind, I have been able to develop my own approach which is very much centred around the client as an individual. I also specialise in digestive problems which is an increasing issue for many people.
I don’t believe in fad diets, pills, herbal medicine or following the latest celebrity trend. This does not work, is unsafe and not fair on the paying client. Instead, I base my practise on scientific evidence which I know will work, but whilst putting it into very simple terms for someone without a scientific background to be able to follow. All advice is then tailored to the individual as everyone has different abilities or wants and needs which ensures long term change.
- Liz, Macclesfield (December, 2016)
“Having drawn a blank with the GP when trying to understand my worsening acid reflux symptoms and why they were limiting my diet, I decided to seek guidance from a dietician, and found in Kirsten someone who was able to look at my problems in a completely different way. Her clear explanations revealed to me that I could re-educate my mind and my body to return very gradually to not just better health through a better diet, but also to the enjoyment of foods which I hadn’t tasted for years!
Kirsten has also encouraged me to take a more active interest in my general health, making me realise that my condition has been contributing to a rather cavalier attitude towards preventive medicine. She manages to be persuasive and understanding, and is always willing to respond to questions and concerns between consultations."
- Vivien Kearns (December, 2016)
“A friend recommended me to Kirsten when she realised that I appeared to be suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Her son had achieved almost complete cessation of his symptoms after consulting Kirsten. Making an appointment to see her has been the best thing that I have done after suffering for a long time and trying many different medications.
At the initial visit I found Kirsten to be very approachable and extremely knowledgeable. She talked me through the process of how IBS occurs and how commencing a FODMAP diet could help in reducing symptoms by identifying the foods that were causing the problems. After following the diet for four weeks my symptoms are greatly reduced and I now feel that I have the tools to help myself in the future. However I also know that I can refer myself back should the need arise. Kirsten is available for support via face to face appointment, email, Skype and social media. I would not hesitate to recommend her service to anyone experiencing this awful condition.”
- Jon Kitchin (November, 2016)
“I went to see Kirsten with IBS type symptoms. Kirsten helped me enormously by recommending a diet that reduced my symptoms and I am now have a much better understanding of which foods I am sensitive to. I would recommend Kirsten to anyone else who wishes to improve their IBS or similar conditions.”
- Michela De Rossi (August, 2016)
“Decided to go see Kirsten after having tried literally everything to loose the extra weight I had been putting on for the past couple of years. This is something I have always found really hard to do because of my hypothyroidism. Kirsten knew my condition, she is very competent and patient, incredibly quick at responding to emails and it is reassuring how she really doesn’t mind you asking any type of questions between reviews. I am really happy with the results already, really recommend going to see her."
More testimonials can be seen on my website
Training, qualifications & experience
- BsC Hons Degree in Dietetics from The University of Hertfordshire
- Specialist courses in IBS (including the low FODMAP diet), Kidney Disease and Liver Disease
- NHS and private experience covering areas such as IBS, coeliac disease, weight loss, renal disease, diabetes (types 1 and 2), Chrons disease, food allergies, food intolerance's, oncology, mental health, obesity surgery, gastroenterology, women's health and arthritis.
- Working closely with specialist surgeons and Consultants.
- Contributing writer for 'The Debrief Magazine' and 'Clinical Nutrition Magazine'
- Official British Dietetic Media Spokesperson
Personal Life Experience
As well as her work life, Kirsten also has a huge personal interest in food and healthy living. Being diagnosed with PCOS she first developed an interest in being able to manipulate her diet to suit her body's needs and commenced training to become a registered Dietitian.
Kirsten has travelled the world exploring food and cooking techniques in places such as India, America, the Caribbean and South Africa. This in tern has lead to a healthy obsession with baking and cooking, allowing her to understand food so that she could still have 'treats' within her healthy diet.
As well as food Kirsten loves to keep active and as a busy person she understands how difficult it can be to get that exercise into a daily routine.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
1-2-1 Consultations £90.00 - £75.00
- Face to face consultation in either the Didsbury or City Centre Clinic
- Diet review
- Body composition analysis
- 60 minute consultation
- Written information pack
- Written action plan
- +/- Food plan (if needed)
- Unlimited email support when review appointment booked e.g. weekly email reviews
Skype/Phone Consultations £80 - £70.00
- 60 minute consultation
- Diet analysis – using a 1 week food diary which you will be asked to scan and email prior to the consultation
- Assessment of your nutritional requirements
- Assessment of any medical needs
- Written summary
- Information pack emailed to you
- Personalised food plan emailed to you (if required)
- Unlimited email support between consultations when review appointment booked
IBS & Low FODMAP Package
- Initial symptom assessment using Kings College analysis
- Initial 60 minute consultation, including diet review, body composition analysis and lifestyle analysis
- Information pack
- Kings College low FODMAP guides
- Unlimited email and SMS support between consultations
- 3 x 45 minute follow-up review sessions, including symptom and diet reviews and progress summaries.
Ultimate Dietitian Support Package*
- Initial 60 minute assessment – including body composition measurements, diet review, medical nutrition review, plan, information pack +/- diet plan (as needed)
- Weekly 45 minute Skype or face to face consultations (depending on client preference)
- Unlimited SMS and email support between consultations
- Monthly progress reports
*(minimum 2 month contract)
Other Services Available
- Diet Analysis
- The Low FODMAP diet (IBS)
- Skype and Phone Consultations
- Corporate Services
- Media Services
- Freelance writing
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Interpreters can be arranged at an additional cost|