Kevin Williamson - Food In Mind
07900 902354 / 07900 902354
Following graduation from the University of Sheffield I have worked for 7 years in the NHS as a Nutritionist. I have also developed university accredited training to help upskill NHS professionals in providing nutritional interventions.
I hope that I can combine the benefits of my education and experience to advise on the effects of good nutrition for anyone that, in addition to medical treatment, is looking to make some positive steps toward their own recovery.
I can offer you a nutritional assessment, nutrient profiling and written feedback, suggesting dietary modification. I can also provide some select additional resources, if required.
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered Nutritionist (Association for Nutrition)
Master of Medical Science (MMedSci) Human Nutrition, University of Sheffield (Graduation: 2006)
BSc (First Class Hons.) Agriculture with Poultry Science (Graduation: 2002)
7 years clinical practice (Community based Nutritionist) in NHS Secondary Mental Health services. During this time, the service I provided was cited as a recommendation to the Department of Health for all NHS Trusts to adopt for individuals with psychosis or depression (Food and Health Forum Report: The Link between diet and behaviour, 2008). Furthermore I was a Nursing Times Awards finalist (2013).
Associate Lecturer creating and delivering a 'Nutritional Care in Mental Health' services training module, firstly for Universities.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Balanced diet
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Osteoporosis *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Consultation Package comprising:
1) Initial consultation, with a duration of 30 minutes, which is done remotely via telephone or skype and includes background health and dietary assessment.
2) Nutrient profiling, which is a thorough (and validated) process of determining dietary composition)
3) Written dietary change feedback, which is tailored to the individual; duration 60 minutes
Total cost - £70.
Follow-up review consultations
Duration 30 minutes. it is deemed beneficial to have at least one review session per consultation
Cost - £30
If you have any questions then please just contact me.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday - Saturday 0800 - 2000