Katie Edwards Nutrition - DipION, mBANT, CNHC, Functional Medicine
The Charterhouse Clinic
98 Crawford Street
How I Can Help
The food we eat can have a huge impact on our health - not just physically, but mentally and emotionally too. In today’s world we are constantly bombarded with mixed messages about “being healthy”. But what does true health actually mean for you? Every one of us is unique and what works for one person can be completely different from another.
As a Registered Nutritional Therapist and Functional Medicine practitioner, I am here to help. I will provide guidance and encouragement so you can discover the foods that nourish you and work with your body, not against it.
Strength, energy and glowing health should be enjoyed throughout all stages of a woman’s life. However, our hectic modern world can leave our bodies out of balance and in need of extra care. When you work with me, I will support you in creating sustainable (and enjoyable!) eating habits that will enable you to take back control of your body and live a full, healthy and happy life.
Please see my website for further details or call me for a FREE 15 minute consultation to find out more.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 4-year Nutritional Therapy Diploma with the Institute for Optimum Nutrition - distinction
- Full member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Registered with The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Member of the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- Successfully completed Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP™)
- DNAlife® Certified Practitioner
I continue to undertake regular training to further my skills and keep up-to-date with the latest scientific research in the field of nutrition.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Making the decision to invest in your health is a fantastic first step, but sticking to it can quickly feel overwhelming if you don’t have the right support. That’s why I offer tailored nutrition programmes to help you get the most out of your time with me and ensure you have all the tools you need to take control of your health for good.
As we are complex beings, one-off appointments are rarely helpful for achieving significant and long lasting results. The length of each programme will vary depending on your individual health goals and the level of support you require to achieve them. In my experience it takes a minimum of ten weeks to encourage sustainable change and instil positive health habits that last – however the investment is worth it when you consider the benefits can last a lifetime!
All programmes will be tailored to suit your unique health requirements, but typically consist of:
- An initial one-to-one consultation including an in-depth health and lifestyle assessment
- Explanation of potential nutritional imbalances, supported by current scientific research
- Personalised dietary recommendations to address your unique health objectives
- A tailored nutrition plan to follow at home
- Collaboration with medical professionals involved in your care
- Recommendations and interpretation of clinical tests
- Supportive lifestyle advice to assist your progress
- Follow-up consultations in person or via Skype
- Optional coaching calls for additional support between consultations
- Email support
Optional extras, at additional cost and depending on your health requirements:
- A tailored supplement plan
- Functional testing (comprehensive stool analysis, female hormone panels, urinary organic acid analysis, food intolerance/sensitivity)
- Genetic testing and analysis
Fees start from £420 and are dependent upon the length of the programme. Please see www.katieedwardsnutrition.com for further details or call me for a free 15 minute consultation to find out how I can help you.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I'm available for one-to-one consultations in Marylebone and Highgate. I also offer virtual appointments via Skype.