Julia Stone BSc, FdSc, Dip ION, MBANT, Reg CNHC
The Epping Physiotherapy Practice
267 High Street
01992 813136 / 07952 970688
I am an experienced, fully qualified and fully insured, BANT and CNHC registered Nutritional Therapist with a passion for helping people feel healthy and full of vitality.
Before your initial consultation I ask you to complete a detailed questionnaire. This means that when you come to see me I already know quite a lot about you, so we can quickly delve deeper into your health concerns. Also, before the consultation, I like to find out the latest nutrition research for any health conditions you may tell me about and check the drug-nutrient interactions of any medications you may be taking. However, if you are one of those people who find filling in questionnaires difficult – don’t worry – we can gather all the information at our first session.
I assess your nutritional status and may recommend laboratory tests. Some may be arranged free-of-charge through your GP (I will write to them, with your permission, and request tests) and others are arranged through private laboratories. Whenever possible, I try and organise private laboratory testing at trade price, so that you get the tests as cheaply as possible.
I provide written dietary and lifestyle recommendations based on your personal preferences and what you feel is achievable. I provide handouts to help you learn and understand more about what underlies my recommendations. Sometimes I recommend supplements. I can usually organise these at a discount of 15%-25%.
I practise from Epping Physiotherapy Centre on Epping High Street (telephone 01992 561112). Epping is conveniently located on the east end of the Central Line. I can sometimes offer home visits or telephone consultations.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a FdSc degree in Nutritional Therapy from University of Bedfordshire (awarded with distinction)
I have a DipION from the renowned Institute for Optimum Nutrition (where I was awarded the Shekinah award for academic excellence)
I am a member of BANT and CNHC accredited
I am fully insured to practice Nutritional Therapy
I have extensive experience of helping a large number of clients - with a wide variety of concerns - achieve their health goals. I see men, women, children and babies. I can help with all kinds of conditions but my areas of specialist interest include pre-conceptual care, metabolic detoxification and weight loss and several other areas.
I have written articles for the ION nutrition magazine and give talks to local groups.
Perhaps my best recommendations come from my clients:
- "I find Julia very professional, polite and non judgemental. I cannot recommend Julia highly enough and sincerely believe that if anyone can help you with your health Julia can."
- " I would recommend Julia because…it sounds crazy but after Julia’s advice and one meeting I really do feel transformed!"
- "I would recommend Julia because she takes a thorough, common sense approach grounded in medical knowledge, backed up by diagnostic tests and most importantly listens to how you feel."
- " If you’re wondering what kind of therapist Julia is, she’s smart: intelligent and intuitive."
You can read more testimonials on my website as listed above.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
My fees are £75 for an initial consultation, which lasts about 90 minutes and £48 for a follow-up consultation, which lasts about 45 minutes. Longer follow-up consultations are also available (£60 for 60 minutes)
I also offer packages of care for metabolic detoxification and weight loss.
If you require any further information, please contact me. There is also a lot more information on my website www.justgoodnutrition.co.uk
Epping Physiotherapy Clinic is conveniently located on the High Street in the centre of Epping, next to Fat Face. It's a short walk (or bus ride) from the Central line tube station. Parking is available close by in Tesco's car park or behind Marks & Spencer.
Why not follow me on Facebook or Twitter!
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I have sessions at Epping Physiotherapy Clinic on Wednesday evenings and Thursday mornings