8 Jackson Street
01467 624572 / +4407890638419
Qualified Nutritional Therapist, Medical Herbalist and Reflexologist offering a unique combination of these therapies.
Judy Patterson is a friendly, experienced and professional therapist with an established reputation for supporting the resolution of a wide range of complex and long-standing health problems using nutritional and herbal medicine.
Judy attends closely to your health history, looking for patterns of symptoms that point to functional imbalances that may have contributed to your presenting complaints. This process of enquiry may be supported with functional laboratory tests. The priority treatment area is then identified and the therapeutic approach is discussed so that client and therapist are working as a team. The use of locally available fresh and whole foods is recommended for all clients, with guidance being given on adding or removing specific foods to suit the condition. Supplementary nutrients and the use of individually prescribed herbal mixtures give focus and intensity to the nutritional treatments.
Many clients find relaxation and energy balancing a valuable component of recovery from stress related health concerns. Judy offers a short session of foot reflexology to complement and support her nutritional and herbal treatment where appropriate. Clients wanting a deeper-level relaxation treatment can book a longer session of reflexology as a stand alone treatment.
Judy has recently completed a pioneering web-based training with the "Institute of Eating Psychology" based in Boulder, Colorado. This Eating Psychology Coach qualification enables Judy to better help clients with stubborn weight, body image and digestion and energy concerns. Consultations include in-depth exploration of background nutritional factors and causes of any chronic stressors that impact both on our food choices and influence how we digest food and store or burn fat.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (Hons) Psychology 1978
Diploma of Phytotherapy (Herbal Medicine) 1989
Member of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists (MNIMH) since 1989
Diploma in Reflextherapy (Midland School of Reflextherapy) 1991
BSc Nutritional Medicine (TVU) 2008
Member of British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) since 2008
Transferred from BANT to the Naturopathic Nutrition Association (NNA) in August 2013 to better support my holistic practice.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Please see my website www.judypatterson.co.uk for terms and conditions and further details of treatment approach.
Some of the many benefits of natural medicine
- Regaining your natural weight and appetite control.
- Flat stomach (no more bloated-belly)
- Healthier, clearer and stronger skin, hair and nails
- More supple joints, less aching and stiffness
- Improved sleep
- Stabilized blood sugar
- Clearer thinking, better moods and more positive sense of self
- Improved resistance to infections.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||No|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|