Joe Alvarez BSc
I am a Nutritionist and Trainee Dietitian who mainly works with those looking to improve their gastrointestinal health as well as those who wish to lose weight. Sessions are conducted on Skype or over the phone in the comfort of your own home at a time that suits you.
I will send you a questionnaire prior to our session to gain a greater understanding about you and your lifestyle. In addition, I will ask you to complete a food diary which will help me to assess your overall diet and I will then be able to come up with a personalised diet plan that will work best for you.
I can help you develop a personalised diet plan that will ensure you are still getting all the nutrients that are needed for you to be healthy, whilst supporting any concerns you may have. From personal experience I understand my clients needs and I know how to provide the most effective results. Please see below for contract and sessions details.
I tend not to focus on calorie counting as I don't think this is efficient. My main goal when working with those who are looking to lose weight is to improve the diet generally by decreasing fat and sugar intake and increasing fruit and vegetable intake, and this is the main focus of the sessions. I also discuss general lifestyle factors including physical activity. My sessions are personalised to you and I can fit around your plans. There doesn't have to be a specific time limit for when sessions are completed if this doesn't suit you. For a description of sessions please see the list below.
I also work with people who feel they need to consume a healthier diet for example increasing fruit and vegetable intake, but don't know how to do this. I can work with you to develop personalised techniques around your lifestyle that will work for you and your family. Please see the price list below for more information on sessions or do not hesitate to contact me.
*Free Introductory session available now* (see below)
So how does it work?
- I offer a FREE 15 minute consultation too talk through your needs
- If you decide to proceed, I send you a health questionnaire and 7 day food diary
- I will assess your diet and come up with a tailored, personalised plan that fits around you
- You can make gradual changes to your diet and lifestyle
- We will follow up every few weeks (or however long works for you) to check your progress
- Email/telephone support is always available between sessions
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a BSc Honours degree in Nutrition from the University of Nottingham and I am currently training to be a Dietitian.
I am passionate about all things food, nutrition and health related and will strive to offer the best services to my clients, please contact me for more information.
If you have any questions about my qualifications please do not hesitate to contact me.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
Individual one-off sessions
Introductory Session: 15 minutes *FREE*
Initial Consultation: 1 hour at £30
Follow up consultations: 45 minutes from £20
Healthy Start Package
**6 Sessions at £120**
The first session lasts approximately 45 minutes and the rest are around 30 minutes
- Initial Consultation 45 minutes
- Food diary discussion
- Diet and lifestyle plan discussion
- Final follow-up (if required)
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I am available for sessions during the week throughout the day and in the evening.