Joanne Hart BSc (Hons), mBANT, CNHC. health & hart. Health and Sport
The Haven Wellbeing Hub
171 Evendons Lane
I'm a Registered Nutritional Therapist, Yoga Teacher and Coach who operates in Berkshire (e.g. Reading, Ascot, Windsor, Finchampstead, Woodley) and London.
Releasing your inner potential! For life, work and sport.
I work with athletes and sports people; as well as busy professionals (e.g. Executives, nurses, CEOs, managers, coaches, IT professionals, engineers, yoga teachers, fitness professionals and people in corporate roles). I'm passionate about helping you to achieve optimum health and peak performance.
When you're in a high performing job, or doing your sport you want to and need to be the best you can. Your health which includes your energy levels, your sleep, weight, mood, hormones, digestion, and stress resilience will all affect how you perform. Even if you are feeling healthy you might be concerned about health issues in the family, or wonder if there is something that will give you that extra edge and motivation
There is so much in the media about nutrition that it can be confusing and difficult to know what is specific to you, not to mention time consuming to do your own research. Then we add on travelling, remote teams, meetings, work hours and perhaps on top of that your sport and home life which all add extra challenges.
These are the challenges that I can help you with and I provide you with motivation, along with practical and personal recommendations that fit into your lifestyle.
The health & hart system follows this 5 step process:
(1) Data capture:
- Information that you provide about your health and lifestyle.
- Medical data (if you have GP medical tests).
- Training plan (if relevant)
- Health assessments (e.g. BUPA).
(2) Goal setting: Identify or clarify your short term and long term goals.
(3) Scientific nutritional testing and analysis (optional, but highly recommended).
(4) Step by step focused programme (nutrition recommendations, with optional yoga and coaching opportunities, referrals).
(5) Review results, feedback and fine tune.
Examples of scientific tests include:
- Adrenal stress test
- Digestion stool test
- Hormone panel
- Thyroid profile
- Genetic DNA health and fitness profile
- Gluten and cross reactivity
- Full comprehensive health panel
I like to speak to potential clients to check that we're a good fit for each other. If you work with me then you can be assured of an enthusiastic and tailored approach. I enjoy motivating and helping you, we negotiate to find a route that's right for you!
Connect on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hartjoanne (No MLM sales thank you!)
Please feel free to download a copy of the Radio Shows programme I featured on here:
Training, qualifications & experience
First Class science degree in Nutritional Therapy using the Functional Medicine Model. This means focusing on our underlying health systems for optimum health and peak performance
Further Training in Sports Nutrition:
- Functional Sports Nutrition (CNELM): Overtraining/Biochemical Individuality/Injury and Illness, Fuel for Athletes, PNI - Ian Craig, Christine Bailey, Tom Fox et al.)
- Peak Performance (Dr. Justin Roberts, Jane Nodder, Annie-Lamberth Mansell).
- Nutrition & Sports Performance.
- Sports Nutrition Live (Ian Craig,Gleeson, Mike Gleeson, Pete Williams, Hannah Moir)
- Genetic testing (Nutrigenomics) for sport (Alessandro Ferreti, Craig Pickering et al.).
- Nuffield Health Fitness Academy (Mark Robertson et al.)
Further Training in Mental Health, Mind and Mood
- Mind/Body Nutrition - William Walsh
- Yoga for Depression and Anxiety
- Mindfulness (BWY)
- British Wheel of Yoga (BWY) Teaching Diploma
- Mental Health First Aid Certificate
- Neuro Linguistic Practitioner (Sue Knight)
In addition to my busy nutrition clinic I work as a Clinic Supervisor for degrees, I deliver corporate nutrition talks, and have provided media input and 1-1 for Nuffield Health. I am also an occasional lecturer at Bracknell and Wokingham college.
- BSc (Hons) First Class degree in Nutritional Therapy
- BWY (British Wheel of Yoga) Teaching Diploma and member of BWY.
- Member of the Association of Coaching (MAC)
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Practitioner) Business Certificate Sue Knight
- BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering with Biochemical Engineering
- Member of BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy) and member of CNHC
- Member of the BANT Professional Practice Committee (PPC) 2014-2015
- First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid
- UK Athletics Run Leader
- ICO - Data protection registered
I undertake CPD (Continuing Professional Development) each year and am/have focused on digestive health, nutrition for stress and the mind, and functional sports nutrition over recent years.
Please see feedback from a few of my happy clients with a range of goals and health interests, many more available on my website!
''Joanne has worked with a number of clients for me, I’ve found her to be very professional and able to offer expertise as well as practical ideas. I am happy to recommend her and continue working with her". James Haskell (Rugby Player, England & Wasps)
"Joanne shows dedication towards enhancing the nutrition and well-being of others. Through the recommendations she makes with regard to sports nutrition this becomes a reality. Alongside her considerable scientific knowledge is her genuine desire to understand the needs of the individual. Her consultations provide food for thought and instils a desire to make positive changes. I thoroughly recommend her". Bev Callender, Olympic Athlete, Teacher & UK Athletics Coach
''I saw Joanne earlier this year for some nutritional advice. She was very thorough & took the time to understand my requirements. She offered lots of sound advice & useful hints & tips as to how to make sustainable & manageable changes. I have definitely seen & experienced the benefits of her wisdom! Thank you Joanne". Sarah Leach, Owner & Coach at STRIDE Coaching & Consulting
"I found maintaining a three day food diary a real eye opener - it really made me think about what I eat. The follow up and analysis session was great and gave me lots of simple ideas for improving my diet. Since then I have stuck to the changes and definitely feel better for it. Thank you for all your help and advice! I recently got a PB at Reading with a combination of new training, core work and the focus on my diet!" Dave Perret, Training for London marathon.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Please contact me to discuss your investment.
Registered with WPA Healthcare.
I deliver corporate work in the areas surrounding the Thames Valley, including London. I was employed at Mars (8 years), BMW/Land Rover and Dunlop so I am experienced in environments with multidisciplinary local and global teams such as I.T., engineering, occupational health, field sales, shift workers, scientific and commercial teams. When briefed I am sensitive to the needs of your organisation.
Writing and consultancy:
Available for writing and consultancy work.
I teach yoga classes in Wokingham, and workshops that combine yoga and nutrition. www.yogawithjo.com Yoga includes physical practice, meditation, breathing, relaxation and mindfulness. Everyone is welcome to attend the yoga class, please email to check for space.
I use my corporate and coaching skills to help people using voluntary organisations.
- Smartworks Reading (current) - Interview Coach for women seeking work.
- Bracknell and Wokingham College - Nutrition and yoga workshops.
- Working Wardrobes - California - Success Coach for vulnerable adults.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Most appointments are normal business hours, with some evening availability. Adhoc workshops at weekends. Consultations at clinics, workplaces, meeting places and via Skype.