Dr. Ilenia Paciarotti (PhD, RNut,Bsc (Hons) Nutrition)
I am a Registered Nutritionist with extensive experience in weight loss and clinical nutrition.I run two very successful clinics one in Edinburgh and one in Italy.
During my career as nutritionist and academic I became particularly interested on how good nutrition during early years can affect health and behaviour in both childhood and adulthood and how optimal nutrition can help disease recovery and improve health and wellbeing.
My experience in clinical nutrition research and my years of private practice in Italy and in Edinburgh have given me a deep understanding and knowledge on how optimal nutrition is affected during serious health conditions and how a personalised nutritional plan should be designed to speed up recovery and to improve the health status.
I have also extensive experience on Weight Loss Managment; I have helped many clients who never managed to lose weight with any diet, to achieve their weight goal and to keep it off. Before I give any dietary plan I assess the nutritional status, metabolism, fat mass, fat free mass and cellular integrity with the help of the most advance technology in the nutrition field (Bioelectrical Impedance RJL Analyser http://www.rjlsystems.com/ ). These measures give me the opportunity to understand where the excess weight is coming from (excess water , fat, low metabolism) allowing me to design a successful personalised weight loss plan. That is the key to my weight loss programme success!
I have also extensive experience in Sport Nutrition and I am the official nutritionist of my hometown agonistic swimming club. I have helped many athletes to optimise their performance, recovery, and speed and muscle strength.
I offer I wide range of services for all ages and situations. I follow a science based approach to create a tailored eating and life style plan.
- Weight loss and maintenance
- Children, adults, fertility, pregnancy and elderly
- Sport and fitness
- Children’s behaviour and learning
- Chronic disease prevention and recovery
- Weaning workshops
- I am fully trained on the low FODMAP diet protocol
- Nutrition education for health professionals
- Menu development for nurseries and schools
- Online consultations
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and experience
1997 -Diploma in Dietetics
2009 - Bsc (Hons) Human Nutrition Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
2013- PhD Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh/ University of Edinburgh : The nutritional risks of children with cancer'
2014- Post DOC in Human biology, Nutrition and behavioural Economic University of Edinburgh.
2014- Present : Edinburgh private practice http://www.nutritiovitae.com/
2016- Present : Italian private nutrition clinic
2016- Present : Vela Nuoto Club nutritionist –Agonistic swimmers nutritionist
I am Registered with the UKRVN since 2015
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
£ 70 standard consultation
£ 85 with BIA test
£ 40 for 30 minutes
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday. Late appointments also available.