I am a two time Commonwealth Games representative, and current Scottish pole vault record holder, I have been competing as an international athlete for the last 15 years. As such I understand the huge potential good nutrition holds to make life changing differences in health and performance. Nutrition was a huge part of my recovery from a dark period of time that included 2 probable career ending injuries, which also involved sleep and gut problems.
Once I understood how out of balance my body was, nutrition gave me a solid foundation on which to build and get the most out of my training.
I realised that my body wasn't letting me down, but I was letting my body down. In actual fact injured, training or dis-eased, your body is doing incredible things every day to keep you going, it really is the most amazing instrument.
Alongside my love of good food, this has manifested in me a passion for passing on the understanding of just how astonishing the human body is, and how powerful and simple good nutrition can be.
I don't specialise in any one area but alongside my concern for fundamental athlete health I do have a particular interest in gut health, as this is, in my opinion, the gateway to proper function in every other area of the body. This said my passion remains in the power of food itself, and this can be applied to any set of symptoms or health goal.
What to expect from your consultation?
- Detailed analysis of your dietary and nutritional intake
- Detailed health and family case history
- A strategy for health - linking symptoms to nutritional imbalances and providing support and encouragement to change diet and lifestyle
- Personalised nutrition plan for implementing changes. Your personal written plan that is easy to follow
- Supplement programme - details of any recommended nutritional supplements
- The recommendation of non-invasive clinical tests if required, to help ascertain any suspected underlying conditions
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Personalised Nutrition & PG Dip. in Nutritional Therapy from the Centre for Lifestyle and Nutrition Management (CNELM) http://cnelm.co.uk in association with Middelsex University.
- BSc Sport and Exercise Science, UWIC
- Official Partener to West London Track and Field https://www.westlondontrackandfield.com
- Nutritional Well being courses with Neal's Yartd Remedies
- Educational articles for BANt eNews, West London Track & Field
- Guest lecturer at CNELM
- Original recipes for gluten free, dairy free, low histamine, anti-inflammatory, ketogenic diets
These qualifications and experience ensure the highest standards of care are met in conjunction with a robust understanding of the evidence base behind nutritional therapy and its application to the individual alongside a passion for tasty and interesting meals using funtional foods.
This is closely regulated by the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) as well as the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
- 90 minute Initial Consultation - £90
- 60 minute follow up consultaiton - £60
- 30 minute follow-ups as needed - £30
Student discounts are available
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|