Helen Olphin BANT, CNHC
96 Crawford Street
My name is Helen, I am a Nutritional Therapist and Coach specialising in the area of Fatigue, Stress, Gut related inflammatory and Autoimmune conditions. I have clinics in Bedford and London.
I qualified as a Nutritional Therapist in 2013, winning the "Outstanding Student Award" for clinical practice for my graduating year. For the last 3 years, I have since been running my own practice Optimal Energy Nutrition - an integrated nutritional and coaching business, and this was set up to support clients with health challenges.
At your first initial consultation, you will receive:
- a pre-assessment questionnaire
- fats and oils assessment
- a review of your typical diet
- a functional assessment of imbalances in the body
- an understanding of the underlying reasons for your health issues and the need for any functional tests.
You will also be given a Optimal Health Plan including dietary, food, recipes, lifestyle, supporting literature and supplementation changes to support your health. If you would like to find out more information on how I can help you, please do not hesitate to contact me by telephone or email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Nutritional Diploma (ION)
- Member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Masters in Organisation Development and Coaching.
- Over 15 years NHS experience, having originally qualifying as a physiotherapist.
I completed a masters programme in Organisation Development, developing a specialism in change management, which resulted in me setting up my own business to work primarily in the private sector on leadership, team and personal coaching and organisational development. This I ran successfully for 15 years, and I have continued my clinical education by notably attending the Institute for Functional Medicine "Head to Toe" and "Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice" courses held in London.
Having previously worked in the NHS at regional level as a Change Management Consultant, then in the private sector, I have had over 15 years experience working with CEO's and directors of corporate business and councils undertaking leadership, team and change management programs.
I most recently completed a 3 year Nutritional Diploma at the prestigious Institute for Optimum Nutrition, to further develop my knowledge of integrated Functional Medicine and in particularly energy systems.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Free 15-20 minute telephone consultation - this will establish if I can meet your needs.
- Initial consultation 60-90 minutes ~ £80 in Bedford / £125 in London.
- Follow up consultation 30-60 minutes ~ £80 an hour.
- Free on-line and telephone support for queries.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Saturday morning by arrangement.