Helen Morton BSc (Hons), DipION, mBANT, mCNHC
I'm Helen, a registered Nutritional Therapist with a huge passion for health and wellness.
I believe that everyone can benefit from a healthier balanced diet and I aim to show and inspire you how to make changes to bring you back to optimal health.
Combining my nutrition knowledge with an approachable manner, I encourage clients to take ownership of their own health by helping them to learn how to make the right food choices to support their individual needs.
Applying Functional Medicine principles to assess personal health status, looking at you as the whole person, I evaluate underlying causes of your health issue. Frequently this is due to nutrient deficiencies or functional imbalances in body systems. I identify how your individual circumstances are affecting your health and support your needs through personalised, achievable nutrition plans.
What you can expect
- An initial 90-minute consultation, including listening to your case history and current diet and lifestyle
- Evaluation of functional imbalances and/or nutrient deficiencies
- Personalised and achievable health plans
- Follow-up consultations to assess your progress and update your personalised health plans
- Telephone check-ins plus email support throughout the programme
- Coaching and support to help you achieve the recommended nutrition and lifestyle changes
- Simple but informative handouts, related to your programme, that will increase your nutrition knowledge
Training, qualifications & experience
I graduated from the world renowned Institute for Optimum Nutrition (ION) based in Richmond with a diploma in Nutritional Therapy after four years of clinical and science based training. I have since undertaken training to become a certified Nutri Advanced NutriClean Practitioner.
I am registered with:
- British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT), the regulatory body for Nutritional Therapists
- Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), the government’s regulatory body
A requirement of the CNHC is to undertake continuing professional development (CPD) to improve knowledge and stay well-informed of changes in the field of nutrition science. Recent completed training has included:
- Effective thyroid and adrenal support
- Nutrigenomics (the study of nutrition and genetics)
- Personalised sports nutrition
- Mind/body nutrition
My areas of special interest are in nutrition for mental health, stress management, and sports and running performance.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Balanced diet
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Eczema *
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
FREE 20-minute no-obligation call to find out more Nutritional Therapy and how I can help you
Initial 90 minute consultation £95
BRONZE - £225 for 10 week programme
SILVER - £295 for 14 week programme
GOLD - £495 for 26 week programme
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 9am-2pm plus some weekend availability.