Fleur Brown, Dip ION (Distinction).MBANT, CNHC,
Fleur Brown Nutrition
1 Clayfield Mews
Are you looking for a nutritional therapist with particularly interests in gut health This is an area that I have specialised in over the 24 years I have been in practice.
Gut problems can often be a contributory issue with auto-immune disorders and many other chronic unresolved health conditions. Therefore I have developed a keen interest in helping clients with these conditions, often if appropriate, by focusing on the health of their gut..
Having a great interest in food, cooking and eating delicious food and then realising the importance of how food can affect health including improving gut problems, I trained at the renowned Institute For Optimum Nutrition, under Patrick Holford over 23 years ago and qualified with Distinction. Since then I have helped many thousands of clients to improve their nutritional status, vitality and health.
I am a Senior Associate of The Royal Society of Medicine in London and a member of The Institute For Functional Medicine.. I have a busy practice in Tunbridge Wells where I see clients in with a diverse range of health problems and help them to improve their health, using the tools of nutritional therapy.
Also, having had issues when younger myself, I also have a great interest in pre-conceptual care and helping with enhanced fertility.
To help me to help my clients I often use functional testing done through professional laboratories, to help discover the causative factors in their illnesses. These tests include blood tests (often through their GP's), stool tests, breath tests, food intolerance tests, hormonal tests and gluten sensitivity screening.
The first consultation is in depth and will take 1 + 1/2 hours. This is where we establish the areas you may need help with, and if necessary, where I can determine if you need any tests that may be appropriate. You will be given a personalised eating and supplement plan to help improve health and vitality. You will also be given a shopping list and recipes (I have over 600 recipes I have personally devised or adapted on my databae) to help you cook delicious, healthy meals that you can take pleasure in eating.
Email and telephone support are available between consultations to help you with your nutritional plan.
All follow up consultations take 1 hour and are used to monitor your progress.
I regularly keep myself updated with the latest leading edge research in nutritional therapy and functional medicine by attending seminars and conferences so that I can help clients by using the most up to date, expert knowledge.
What to expect:
- Identifying and countering reactions to commonly eaten foods
- Using functional diagnostic tests through professional laboratories or via your GP as relevant
- Improving digestion and the absorption of nutrients
- Correcting nutritional deficiencies or excesses
- Devising individually tailored supplement and dietary regimes
- Encouraging good life-long dietary and lifestyle habits
- Creating personalised weight loss programmes tailored to the needs and lifestyle of every client
- Providing you with comprehensive guidance to help maximise your programme, such as shopping lists and recipes.
Most of my clients come to see me through personal recommendation from friends or family who have been successfully treated by me through a nutritional therapy programme.
I offer a FREE initial 15 minute consultation (by telephone or personally at my clinic) to help assess whether seeing me for a nutritional programme would be appropriate to help you with your health problems.
Please call me on 01892 616621 if you would like to discuss how I can help you or to book a free 15 minutes initial face to face consultation..
Training, qualifications & experience
I qualified with Distinction from The Institute For Optimum Nutrition over 23 years ago and have helped many thousands of clients to improve their nutritional status and health since then. I regularly attend seminars and conferences presented by leading edge researchers to help further my nutritional knowledge.
I am a Senior Associate of The Royal Society of Medicine in London and a member of the Institute For Functional Medicine.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Free appointment :
- If you are unsure whether seeing a nutritional therapist would be appropriate to help you with your health problems - I offer a free 15 minute telephone or face to face mini consultation so we can discuss your health problems to ascertain whether my functional nutritional therapy approach would help you.
During this mini consultation, we can discuss your symptoms, what tests may be relevant (if any), what a nutritional programme may entail and then decide whether a nutritional programme would be appropriate for you.
Please call me or email me to book the appointment.
- First Appointment - £ 120 - allow up to one and a half hours for this initial appointment.
- Thiss consultation will be in depth to begin to gather information about and explore the underlying causes of your health issues. I will cover family history, the duration of your health issues, possible triggers (past health issues, environmental issues, medications), your current diet, sleep patterns, exercise, stress levels, relationships etc. i.e. the foundational lifestyle factors. Appropriate functional tests may be recommended to help this process via your GP and private laboratories.
- A personalised nutritional programme will be given to you either at this appointment ( if further investigations are not relevant) or at your second consultation after test results are available
- Follow up appointments : £ 80 - allow up to one hour for this appointment.
- Any relevant tests (other than those that can be done by your GP) are extra as are any supplements that may be an essential part of your nutritional therapy programme.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Clinic days : Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - Late night clinics on Mondays.