Erin Skinner, MS, RD, CPT, IFNCP
2 Northgate Avenue
Bury St. Edmunds
Bury St. Edmunds
Do you suffer from any of these chronic health problems?
- Gastrointestinal conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), irritable bowel disease (IBD)
- Small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), candidiasis, and GERD/reflux.
- Autoimmune conditions
- Food sensitivities
- Chronic pain, joint pain/arthritis, migraines, and chronic headaches
- Hormonal imbalances such as amenorrhea, poly-cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS), and thyroid dysregulation
- Skin conditions such as eczema, hives, psoriasis, and acne
- Mental health (“brain fog”, anxiety, depression, and poor memory)
- Fatigue – HPA axis dysfunction (“adrenal fatigue”), poor sleep, and general fatigue
- Weight loss or weight management
- Hormonal imbalance (adrenal and thyroid)
- Diabetes (type 1, 2, or gestational), insulin resistance, or elevated blood glucose
- Infant and child feeding challenges
Or, do you want nutrition guidance for the following?
- Lactation and postpartum nutrition
- Optimizing athletic performance
These debilitating conditions are often caused by a combination of inflammation, poor gut health, toxic burden, and nutrient deficiencies. Another common cause is food sensitivities triggered by foods and/or chemicals in your everyday diet.
Because you are an individual, what’s “healthy” for one person might be damaging for you. However, figuring out your personal underlying cause and the appropriate solution can be frustrating or impossible without help. It takes a great diet protocol, good testing, and/or quality supplements to identify the cause and SOLVE the puzzle. I also work with your other licensed healthcare professionals to augment your care.
Specifically, I take a detailed approach that aims to address the root cause and the whole person. This approach may be more time-consuming, but it also yields better results. If you're interested in learning more, I offer complementary 10-minute calls to discuss working together.
Then, if you decide to book a consult with me, I will send you initial intake forms, a booking link, and payment details. Then, our initial consult is 75 minutes. During that time, we will make a detailed treatment plan for you. I will send you detailed recommendations for how to implement the nutrition therapy/diet we've chosen, plus any functional or conventional testing and/or dietary supplements that I recommend. You then have unlimited email support for implementation! Follow-up varies based on the individual, but the average number of consults needed is 3. Follow-ups are 40 minutes. There's no pressure to book a package up-front, and you can read more details about working with me on my website.
Please get in touch if you'd like to book a complementary call with me, and I look forward to learning more about you and how I might be able to help you along your healing journey.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, dual registered in the US and the UK. I am also board-certified as a practitioner of Integrative and Functional nutrition by the Integrative and Functional Nutrition Academy.
I have extensive training and experience in integrative and functional nutrition and medical nutrition therapy. I use the best functional assessment, testing, dietary supplements, and therapeutic diets available – and all are custom designed for you. The aim of my approach is not to simply treat symptoms but to help you find true wellness.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
An initial consult (75 minutes) is 98 GBP, and I offer lower rates as packages. This includes full assessment, the consult, detailed recommendations, and unlimited email follow-up for implementation. Please find my full fee details at: https://www.realnutritionrx.com/plans/
I offer both in-person and virtual (phone or video) consults. Please contact me for a complementary 10-minute phone consult or to review your symptom survey (pre-screen). Let’s talk and get you on the road to wellness. If I don’t think I’m the best match for you, I’ll happily refer you to a respected colleague.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Please get in touch via email or phone. If you email or leave me a voicemail, I'll return your message as soon as possible, within a day. I offer weekday, weekend, and evening appointments.