Elizabeth Wall Nut.Med, Dip CNM, MBANT, CNHCreg, Dip AIT
Thank you for taking an interest in my profile in which I would like to tell you a little about myself.....
Having been brought up by my mother who has dedicated her entire working life to nursing, it seemed only natural to follow in her footsteps into a career within the healthcare profession. I have always had a keen interest in health and well-being but a particular passion for nutrition in relation to health led me to further my health studies and pursue my passion to study Nutritional Therapy at the renowned London College of Naturopathic Medicine.
I have been truly amazed to learn what impact food can have on the body and on a person's health and well-being and consequently I am passionate about sharing this knowledge and helping people to understand how food can be used to our advantage to optimise health and well-being.
Since graduating, I have built up a wealth of experience and expertise in the field of nutrition and food from consulting and writing to presenting and hosting educational cookery demonstrations. As well as working with clients individually, I am also employed as a Nutritional Therapy Consultant by a well known high street health and supplement company where my work involves providing nutritional advice to members of the public and writing nutrition related articles for magazines. My work in private practice has also involved consulting with a number of celebrities and high profile names!
I work with clients who have a varied range of health issues and symptoms but areas that I specialise in are Stress, Weight management, I.B.S and Food Intolerance.
My approach is based on scientific studies and the use of Functional Medicine which looks to address the underlying root cause of disease, taking into account interactions among diet, exercise, environmental and genetic factors that can influence long-term health and complex, and/or chronic health issues. This approach targets the root causes of any imbalances, rather than just focus on symptoms.
A typical nutritional therapy consultation will involve taking a detailed case history to explore your main health concerns, your general health, family history, dietary habits, and lifestyle. I will then devise a bespoke dietary and lifestyle plan which may include dietary adjustments, suggestions for dietary support, lifestyle changes, the recommendation of supplements and specific functional testing if appropriate. This will be emailed to you within 48 hours of your consultation.
Prior to your initial consultation, I will ask you to complete a short health questionnaire and 3 day food diary to provide me with an indication of your health and diet. This will enable me to start preparing for your case.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy. 3 year course studying Biomedicine, Naturopathic Nutritional Medicine and Clinical Practice with the renowned College of Naturopathic Medicine.
- Diploma in Allergy Intolerance Therapy. I hold a post graduate qualification in which I have been trained to perform Food Intolerance Testing using Bio Energetics Rescinance.
- Registered with the British Association of Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) .This is the professional regulating body for Nutritional Therapists. I am fully insured, and undertake regular continued professional development (CPD) in order to update my knowledge in line with the latest research.
- Registered with The Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) Set up with the support of the government,the CNHC quality mark is a guarantee that registrants meet national standards of practice in their work.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Bulimia nervosa *
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
My fees reflect the time spent researching your health concerns prior to your initial visit, up to 90 minutes face-face consultation time, analysing any tests provided and compiling a bespoke nutritional plan to help address your health issues.
Initial Comprehensive Consultation (90 mins) ................................................................£65
Follow-up Consultation (30 mins)....................................................................................£45
(Initial and follow up appointments booked up front as a package will be discounted to a reduced rate of £100 for both appointments).
A follow up consultation is recommended approximately 4-6 weeks following your initial appointment to review your progress, address any further health issues and make any adjustments/ further recommendations if necessary.
*The cost for any laboratory tests or supplementation is not included in the consultation, however I can provide you with practitioner discount rates.
Stool testing, Vitamin D testing, adrenal and thyroid tests, food intolerance tests and meal planning are all available as additional services if required.
Saturday appointments available by arrangement.
All the best in health,
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||No|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|