Eat Health - Elizabeth Campling, Registered Dietitian, BSc (Hons) Dietetics
01326 316 005 / 07982 824 333
Welcome to Eat Health, offering nutrition consultations for adults in Cornwall. If you are looking to improve your health, and need support to eat healthily, eat well with medical conditions, and to have a healthy weight, Elizabeth Campling, a Registered Dietitian, can help.
One-to-one consultations provide friendly, non-judgemental advice and support to address your nutrition concerns and needs. Trusted advice based upon up-to-date scientific evidence will be given to support you to follow appropriate dietary treatment.
Consultations can either be face-to-face in venues in the Falmouth area, via email, or over the phone. They start from £35 for an hour’s consultation.
Eat Health’s main areas of support are:
- Coeliac Disease and Non-Coeliac Gluten Sensitivity/Gluten Intolerance
- Healthy Eating
- Heart Health (high blood pressure and / high cholesterol)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and the low FODMAP diet
- Type 2 Diabetes - prevention of or better management
- Weight Gain
- Weight Loss
Having the support of Eat Health gives you:
- The opportunity to talk through your dietary concerns and feel listened to;
- A thorough check of your current diet and eating habits;
- Help to build your motivation to make dietary and other lifestyle changes;
- Guidance (including diet and meal plans), information and skills to eat healthily;
- Reassurance that the dietary changes you will make are based on best practice and evidence.
Other benefits are:
- You can start treatment within a few weeks of reserving your support;
- at a time convenient to you;
- at a place closer to home;
- and in a non-clinical setting.
Training, qualifications & experience
More about Elizabeth
Elizabeth Campling is a Registered Dietitian working on a freelance basis for her practice Eat Health, which is based in Falmouth, Cornwall.
Elizabeth has a BSc Hons Degree in Dietetics, and has trained and worked in the NHS as a Dietitian. She is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and is a member of the British Dietetic Association. Elizabeth is fully insured.
Elizabeth is passionate about supporting people to eat well to stay healthy and to relieve symptoms to feel better. Her practice is non-judgemental and accessible aiming to put you at ease and provide support suited to your needs. Elizabeth considers how other aspects of life impacts upon eating and the ability to make dietary changes. You can feel reassured that the advice given is based upon current scientific evidence and best practice in Dietetics.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Consultations starting from £35
- First consultation (60 minutes) £35
- Follow-up consultation (30 minutes) £25
Package 1: First consultation and 1 follow-up consultation £55
Package 2: First consultation and 2 follow-up consultations £75
Healthy Weight programme
Losing weight in a healthy and sustainable way takes time. This programme offers support over six months to give you plenty of time to make healthy changes and maintain them. The programme is personal to you depending on what type of support you would like. We will agree a realistic weight loss target, and you will learn how to make healthy, long lasting changes; how to keep on track to reach your weight loss target; and about healthy eating, portion control, meal planning, and reading food labels.
The programme promotes healthy eating and regular physical activity to enable you to reach a healthy weight. It supports you to change your behaviour around your eating and activity levels. There is the option to start a calorie controlled diet, or if you prefer, to focus upon making healthy food swaps, or other small changes, such as reducing food portion sizes, drinking less alcohol, and, if required, to increase your levels of physical activity. You may also like to have support with planning healthy meals.
This programme offers support over six months. The first consultation is 90 minutes, the second 60 minutes, and then followed by six 30 minute consultations. £175 if paid in advance at the start of the programme or £210 if you pay in instalments at each consultation (£60 is required at the first consultation if you pay in instalments). After the six months, weighings and brief catch-ups (15 minutes) or more in-depth support (30 minutes) are available starting from £10. Or if you prefer you can purchase package 1 or 2.
Irritable bowel syndrome programme
Dietary treatment for IBS is very individual with people reacting to different foods and in different ways. For some following a healthy, balanced diet and making small dietary changes may be sufficient. To support you with this two consultations would be enough costing you £70
For others trying the low FODMAP diet may be beneficial. This is where particular carbohydrate foods are taken out of your diet for up to six weeks followed by a stage of re-introduction to test for tolerance. Support will be given to guide you through the different stages of this exclusion diet. Booklets from the leading UK researchers of the diet, Kings College London, are provided. This part of the programme includes a mix of four 30 and 60 minute consultations over about four months. £145 if paid in advance at the start of the programme or £180 if you pay in instalments at each consultation (£70 is required at the first consultation).
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Elizabeth usually responds to enquires within the day of receiving them or within 3 working days at the latest.