Eat Health - Elizabeth Campling, Registered Dietitian, BSc (Hons) Dietetics
01326 316 005 / 07982 824 333
Welcome to Eat Health, offering nutrition consultations for adults in Cornwall. If you are looking to improve your health, and need support to eat healthily, eat well with medical conditions, and to have a healthy weight, Elizabeth Campling, a Registered Dietitian, can help.
One-to-one consultations provide friendly, non-judgemental advice and support to address your nutrition concerns and needs. Trusted advice based upon up-to-date scientific evidence will be given to support you to follow appropriate dietary treatment.
Consultations can either be face-to-face in venues in the Falmouth area, via email, or over the phone. They start from £45 for an hour’s consultation.
Eat Health’s main areas of support are:
- Coeliac Disease and Non-Coeliac Gluten Sensitivity/Gluten Intolerance
- Healthy Eating
- Heart Health (high blood pressure and / high cholesterol)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and the low FODMAP diet
- Type 2 Diabetes - prevention of or better management
- Weight Gain
- Weight Loss
Having the support of Eat Health gives you:
- The opportunity to talk through your dietary concerns and feel listened to;
- A thorough check of your current diet and eating habits;
- Help to build your motivation to make dietary and other lifestyle changes;
- Guidance (including diet and meal plans), information and skills to eat healthily;
- Reassurance that the dietary changes you will make are based on best practice and evidence.
Other benefits are:
- You can start treatment within a few weeks of reserving your support;
- at a time convenient to you;
- at a place closer to home;
- and in a non-clinical setting.
Training, qualifications & experience
More about Elizabeth
Elizabeth Campling is a Registered Dietitian working on a freelance basis for her practice Eat Health, which is based in Falmouth, Cornwall.
Elizabeth has a BSc Hons Degree in Dietetics, and has trained and worked in the NHS as a Dietitian. She is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and is a member of the British Dietetic Association. Elizabeth is fully insured.
Elizabeth aims to support people to eat well to stay healthy and to relieve symptoms to feel better. Her practice is non-judgemental and accessible aiming to put you at ease and provide support suited to your needs. Elizabeth considers how other aspects of life impacts upon eating and the ability to make dietary changes. You can feel reassured that the advice given is based upon current scientific evidence and best practice in Dietetics.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Consultations starting from £45
- First consultation (60 minutes) £45
- Follow-up consultation (30 minutes) £35
Package 1: First consultation and 1 follow-up consultation £70
Package 2: First consultation and 2 follow-up consultations £90
Healthy Weight Loss Programme
Eat Health’s healthy weight loss programme promotes healthy eating, regular physical activity, and behaviour change to enable you to improve your nutrition and health, feel better about yourself, and lose weight in a healthy way. There are no quick fixes to weight loss, and for you to form new healthier habits support is offered for up to six months. At the start we will agree a realistic weight loss target, and set small, achievable goals to promote healthy weight loss. Throughout the programme we will meet regularly to discuss progress, how to overcome obstacles, and how to get back on track when faced with set-backs. Depending upon your needs and preferences, guidance will be given to follow a calorie controlled, healthy balanced diet; to make healthier food choices; to effectively meal plan; and to be more active.
The programme has eight consultations with the first two 60 minutes long, and the others are 30 minutes. It costs £250 if paid in advance or £300 if you pay in instalments at each consultation. (If you choose to pay in instalments £90 is required at your first consultation).
If you are not able to commit to this cost please still make contact as I can offer briefer support which costs less.
After the six months, weigh-ins and brief catch-ups (15 minutes) or more in-depth support (30 minutes) are available starting from £10.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Programme
Dietary treatment for IBS is very individual with people reacting to different foods and in different ways. For some following a healthy, balanced diet and making small dietary changes may be sufficient. To support you with this two consultations would be enough costing you £90
For others trying the low FODMAP diet may be beneficial. This is where particular carbohydrate foods are taken out of your diet for up to eight weeks followed by a stage of re-introduction to test for tolerance. Support will be given to guide you through the different stages of this exclusion diet. Booklets from the leading UK researchers of the diet, Kings College London, are provided. This part of the programme includes a mix of four 30 and 60 minute consultations over about four months. £200 if paid in advance at the start of the programme or £240 if you pay in instalments at each consultation (£90 is required at the first consultation).
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Elizabeth usually responds to enquires within the day of receiving them or within 3 working days at the latest.