Debbie Lewis MSW, DipNT, mBANT
Philip Weeks Clinic
42 Bridge Street
The Nutri Centre Ltd
7 Park Crescent
I am a Registered Nutritional Therapist with BANT and trained in Functional Nutritional Medicine. I specialise in complex health conditions and women and children's health by getting to the root of health issues and identifying the cause of disease.
When treating symptoms or disease we ask the question “What’s going on in there?”
I am looking for the underlying causes of illness by identifying biochemical and physiological imbalances in the body and restoring balance through nutritional and lifestyle changes. Once we have investigated fully what is going on with your body we work on an agreed programme of diet, lifestyle and supplementation - if needed - to help you back to optimum health.
Nutritional Medicine combines the ancient tradition of food as medicine with advances in understanding of the use of nutrients at therapeutic doses in the treatment, management and prevention of disease.
It is an evidence-based approach to assessment, prevention and treatment of complex health problems and chronic disease. Nutritional medicine includes diagnostic functional testing when necessary - digestion, food sensitivities, detoxification and organ function. I am able to able to order full laboratory testing if required.
I am also a Certified DNALife Practitioner and trained in nutritional genomics. Some underlying causes can be partially genetic and I am qualified to use DNA analysis to identify functional variants and advise on the relationship between diet and genes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered with the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Trained in functional nutrition.
- PgDip (Distinction) Nutritional Therapy
- Masters Degree in Child Development and Social Work
- Certified DNA Life Practitioner
- Certified GAPS Practitioner
- Accredited Life Coach
- NLP Practitioner
- CNHC Registered
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- First appointments – adults £85 children £75 (one hour)
- Follow up appointments – £60 (45 minutes)
- Telephone/skype consultations – £40 (30 minutes)
Supplements, remedies or laboratory tests are in addition to clinic fees. Any recommendations will be discussed with you at your assessment appointment. Appointments are available in person at the Philip Weeks Clinic in Hereford or via telephone and skype.
The clinic is located in the city centre and there is a pay an display car park just a short walk away (5 mins).
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Clinic days - Monday, Tuesday and Thursday