Debbie Lewis MSW, PgDipNT, mBANT
58B Crawford Street
42 Bridge Street
So How Does Functional Medicine & Nutrition Work?
In Functional Medicine and Nutritional Therapy we're looking for the underlying cause of the problem as opposed to just suppressing symptoms. This is what’s called “root-cause resolution.” It’s the difference between turning off the stove and just putting a lid on a boiling pot.
The first step is always a detailed consultation taking a thorough medical and life history. I want to understand and find out what has led to the current set of symptoms.
As a member of the Institute of Functional Medicine and a Registered Nutritional Therapist (BANT) I also have access to full laboratory testing if needed.
This includes testing for food sensitivities, stool analysis, nutrigenomics (genes), all blood tests, hormonal and adrenal function, toxic metals, organic acids and metabolic analysis. Many of these tests can be done from home or in conjunction with your GP and are also appropriate for children.
Following assessment we will agree a plan of achievable diet and lifestyle changes. This may include some supplementation, herbs or acupuncture according to your individual needs. We will regularly review the plan together.
I am a Certified GAPS practitioner having trained directly with Dr Campbell-McBride although this is not the only method of dietary support I work with.
The range of conditions I see in my clinic are broad. Sometimes they are people with an existing diagnosis, others just want to improve their overall health and often it is people who are sick and just can't work out what the problem is.
I commonly see patients who are also under the care of their GP or hospital consultant and taking prescribed medication.
Alongside my clinical practice I assess and lecture to Masters Degree students on the Nutritional Therapy course at the University of Worcester.
As a mother and stepmother of 4 children I have a particular interest in women and children's health. I am also a qualified Natural Family Planning Teacher.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered with the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Member of The Instititute For Functional Medicine
- Post Graduate Diploma (Distinction) Nutritional Therapy - Worcester University
- Masters Degree in Child Development and Social Work - Sussex University
- Qualified Auricular Acupuncturist -The College of Auricular Acupuncture
- Certified DNA Life Practitioner - DNA Life
- Certified GAPS Practitioner - Dr Natasha McBride
- Accredited Life Coach - Life Coaching Academy, Advanced Programme
- NLP Practitioner - International NLP Trainers Association
- CNHC Registered
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Please contact clinic for more information - 01432 265565
Supplements, remedies or laboratory tests are in addition to clinic fees. Any recommendations will be discussed with you at your assessment appointment.
Appointments are available in London & Hereford or via telephone & Skype.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Clinic days - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday