Clare Hayes BSc (Hons) FdSc DipION MBANT CNHC
8 Victoria Court
01245 231906 / 07719 539 512
I provide personalised nutrition programmes for most areas of health with particular interests in gastrointestinal health, a healthy body composition, optimizing energy production and supporting a healthy blood sugar balance, and sports nutrition.
Nutritional therapy takes into account biochemical individuality, we are all unique and the programmes are tailor-made in order to help you achieve your goals.
The consultation includes a detailed nutrition questionnaire (completed prior to the consultation) so that general health, family history, dietary habits and lifestyle can be assessed. I am then able to analyse the questionnaire and spend time researching the best protocol suitable for you. At the consultation, further questions will be asked to gain a deeper understanding of your health and then discuss what factors may be contributing to any health concerns you may have. Functional testing (priced individually), although not compulsory, may be beneficial to support the nutrition programme and may help to analyse nutritional imbalances. Testing may be discussed at the consultation if appropriate. The information gathered during the consultation will help to form a personalised dietary and lifestyle programme based on your health and your health goals that may include food or botanical supplements.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Nutritional Therapy - 1st Class pass (April 2014) - The Centre for Nutrition Education and Lifestyle Management Centre (CNELM) in collaboration with Middlesex University.
- FdSc (June 2010) - Institute for Optimum Nutrition in collaboration with the University of Bedfordshire (Nutritional Therapy).
- DipION (June 2010) - Institute for Optimum Nutrition (Nutritional Therapy).
- I regularly attend post graduate seminars to keep up to date with the latest evidence-based research to enhance my knowledge and clinical skills
- Some seminars completed so far in 2014/2015 include healthy aging, sports nutrition, food reactivity and auto-immunity, dysglycaemia and related disorders, The biological blueprint (related to genetics), supporting mind, memory and mood, weight management and optimal metabolism.
- Registered with the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), the regulatory body
- Fully insured
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
One to one nutritional therapy consultations:
£80 initial consultation (90 minutes)
£45 follow-up consultations (45 minutes)
Payment is by cash or cheque only please
Car parking is available in Victoria Road at Staples Retail Park (2 hours free car parking) or alternatively a paying car park at Riverside Ice and Leisure. The clinic is 5 minutes walk from the car park and is situated between the Bath store and Post Office (sorting office). The Police Station is opposite.
'I am so thankful to Clare for all her advice so far as I am feeling much better in myself and my blood sugar levels feel much more settled now. I have learnt the importance of combining different foods and staying away from sugars and artificial ingredients. My family and I now eat very well and thankfully they will benefit from my knowledge as well. With my diet I do not count calories or fat amounts as most of the foods I eat contain good fats, which in my opinion now are healthy to eat. I would highly recommend a consultation with Clare as it has been an enormous help for me.' Andrea, Colchester.
'Dear Clare, I am absolutely delighted with the Plan you devised for me. I have more energy, the stuffy nose is gone, the craving for chocolate and sweet things is gone, the excess weight is sliding away gradually with no effort at all and my insides feel comfortable. I'm eating more now than I was before I came to see you and the meals and snacks I eat are tasty and combine the foods that I like. I would have no hesitation at all in recommending your services." Ann, Braintree
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday 10.15 am - 6.45 pm Thursday 10.15 am - 5.30 pm Friday 10.15 am - 5.45 pm