Clare Grundel PGDip, mBANT, CNHC
The Althos Clinic
30 Kinnoull Causeway
Perth And Kinross
Hi, I’m Clare, a registered Nutritional Therapist with a passion for good health and delicious food. Life is wonderful with both!
I work with individuals and groups with chronic health conditions, who want to see if nutritional changes could tip the scales towards reduced symptoms and a better quality of life. I work alongside GPs and other healthcare professionals to provide an integrated nutrition service, grounded in scientific evidence. My aim is to provide a motivating and inspiring experience, in a relaxed and friendly environment, where you will feel supported to make appropriate dietary and lifestyle changes so you can rediscover your zest for life!
What you can expect from a Consultation
- It is important for you to find out if what I have to offer is right for you. I offer 10 minute discovery sessions by phone free of charge, when you can present your health concerns and work out if nutritional therapy could be the key to optimizing your health, and whether I am the right therapist for you.
- After booking a first consultation, I will send you a Nutritional Health Questionnaire and a Diet and Symptom Diary for you to complete. I use this to prepare for our meeting, which allows us to maximize the use of our time spent together in person.
- The initial consultation gives you the space to tell your story, creating a timeline of your life in relation to your health concerns. It starts the crucial process of making connections between past events and current behaviours, and your signs and symptoms. It typically lasts about 90 minutes and has to take place in person, as stipulated by my professional membership body.
- After your consultation, I will prepare a Nutritional Report, detailing the content of our discussion. It will cover the background to your situation (including scientific references for you to discuss with your NHS consultant if appropriate) and list the action points that we agreed on. It will also make recommendations for any supplements and give ideas for further reading.
- During follow-up consultations, we will review your progress and make adjustments to your nutritional plan. I will also present my detailed analysis of your situation and we can discuss any laboratory testing that may be useful. These can be offered by Skype or phone if more convenient.
My nutritional therapy practice, Integral Nutrition, is based in Sawston, Cambridgeshire. I offer one-to-one consultations, home visits within a 10 mile radius, coaching sessions, as well as group courses and workshops focusing on eating deliciously for good health or more specific health conditions. I also run clinics at The Althos Clinic in Perth and The Natural Clinic in Crieff on a bi-monthly basis. Both these clinics provide a range of other therapies, including homeopathy, osteopathy, hypnotherapy and life coaching.
Areas of Particular Interest
All of my consultations will assess how well the digestion is functioning, looking at nutrient absorption, areas of malfunction, bacterial profile and detoxification. I am particularly interested in looking at optimizing digestion to support inflammatory joint conditions, chronic digestion disorders, skin conditions, childhood allergies and autoimmunity.
I also welcome clients who are looking for nutritional support to enhance their enjoyment of life and age as healthily as possible.
I am able to access laboratory testing and to provide interpretation of results. This includes gastro-intestinal profiles (bacterial diversity, parasites, inflammatory markers etc), hormone profiles and food intolerance testing.
I am pleased to prepare and deliver presentations to local groups and clubs on nutrition. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
For further information on Integral Nutrition, please visit my website www.integral-nutrition.co.uk and my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Integral-Nutrition-797383736949113/
Training, qualifications & experience
Clare Grundel, MSc, PG Dip NT, mBANT, CNHC
MSc Nutritional Therapy (Submitted for assessment September 2016). Dissertation focuses on nutrition evidence in relation to rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and depression.
PGDip Nutritional Therapy (2014)
MSc Development Management (1999)
Member of the British Association of Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
Full professional insurance
My previous work experience in banking, finance and international development make me aware of the pressures of corporate and expatriate life and the importance of finding manageable strategies in the quest for better health. I am also the mother of two children, so am aware of the delights and stresses here too!
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Migraine *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Consultation fees - £75-£120 per consultation, depending on location and condition
Packages of support from £250 (tailored to you and your requirements)
Individual cooking sessions - £50-75 plus cost of ingredients (you take home all we prepare!)
Group session and workshops - varies. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Social French|
Monday - Friday 9.30am to 3pm