Celia Stewart BSc (Hons), Dip BCNH, MBANT, CNHC
Guildford Spine Centre
44 London Rd
Hi, I'm Celia and I am a Nutritional Therapist with a particular interest in digestion. I am also experienced in advising on healthy ageing, low energy levels, skin health and weight loss.
Nutrition and lifestyle habits have a big impact on your physical and mental health. This means that you can positively influence your health now and in the future with your diet and lifestyle choices. If you would like to understand how, then you have come to the right place.
Combining a holistic approach with current nutritional science I provide personalised dietary and lifestyle recommendations. My aim is to give you the knowledge, motivation and support to look after your own well being.
I involve you fully in your recovery and we will develop a dietary and lifestyle plan together to ensure that it will work for you in your lifestyle. Phone for a free chat or email me if you would like to discuss how Nutritional Therapy could help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a member of BANT, the British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy, which is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists in the UK. I am registered with CNHC, the Complementary and Natural Health Council, which is recognised by the NHS as the UK regulator for complementary health.
I have a degree in Microbiology and completed a four year diploma in Nutritional Therapy in 2010, with the UK College of Nutrition and Health, BCNH. I completed the Institute for Functional Medicine 'Advanced Practice Module in Restoring Gastrointestinal Equilibrium'. I am a registered ‘Map my Gut’ practitioner.
I keep up with current research and regularly attend seminars and courses to fulfil Continued Professional Development requirements and to increase my knowledge in my specific areas of interest, including:
- Advanced Practice Module – Restoring Gastrointestinal Equilibrium - The Institute for Functional Medicine
- The low FODMAP diet - Nutrilink Clinical Education
- Meeting the Microbiome with Dr Tim Spector, Dr Allessio Fassano and Dr Ben Brown (CAM conferences)
- Microbiome and Gut Health - Map my Gut Certified Course, St Thomas Hospital, London
- Nutrigenomics in Practice organised by CAM conferences
- Dietary Priorities for Preventing Obesity – Dr Dariush Mozaffarian
- The Weight Loss Triage - Nutrilink Clinical Education
- The Triad of Environmentally Induced Autoimmunity – Professor Aristo Vojdani and Dr Rangan Chatterjee
- Advanced Functional Medicine Case Studies - Dr Kristi Hughes
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
You are welcome to give me a call if you would like to find out more about the service I offer and how I can help.
Free 15 minutes telephone consultation
First consultation of approximately 90 minutes - £90
Follow up consultation of 45 minutes to one hour - £55
Maintenance consultation of 30 minutes - £30
After we've spoken on the phone to discuss your goals, and before our first consultation, I will send you a questionnaire and food diary to complete. These will help me to understand more about your symptoms and medical history and typical diet before we meet up.
During our first consultation, of about 90 minutes, we will discuss your health history in depth to try to establish the root cause of your problems. I might suggest tests with either your GP or with a private lab, which can further help to identify your unique nutritional needs. I will help you understand how your diet is affecting your health.
Together we will develop a plan of manageable changes. I will send you a report with explanations, relevant factsheets and recipe ideas. We will arrange a follow up consultation about 3-4 weeks after the first and will keep in touch regularly via email and phone between consultations. My aim is to empower
I see clients in central Guildford, provide Skype consultations and can make home visits. Free email and regular phone contact are included to make sure that you feel supported while you make changes to your diet and lifestyle.
To book an appointment or have a chat about how Nutritional Therapy may be able to help you phone 07901 894000 or email via the link above.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and Saturday mornings.