Carolina Brooks - Anthrobotanica
1 Primrose Street
41 Corsham Street
0207 263 2509 / 07766 906342
As a naturopath and functional medicine practitioner, I aim to educate, support, and empower my clients to take responsibility for their own health, and help equip them to deal with the demands of the modern world. Did you know that 80% of your immune system is in your gut? Or that food intolerances can stop you from losing weight? Gut health is at the root of most issues and getting this right is for most people the first step to getting and staying healthy.
I have a background (in my previous life!) in finance, so part of my expertise is in managing stress and optimising energy levels, weight management and prevention of chronic disease and complex conditions in those working in a corporate or high-stress environment.
Of course, whether your issues are caused by stress or not, I can give you the tools and guidance to get your health, energy levels and weight the way you want them.
I quit the City and started Anthrobotanica to provide tailored functional medicine services in London that incorporated science-based nutritional nutrition, nutrigenomics naturopathy, functional testing, herbal medicine, genetics, health education and coaching. Why? Because it works. And because, after close family members and friends were diagnosed with cancers and auto-immune diseases, I wanted to find out why this was happening and how I could stop it happening in the first place. I wanted to know whether it was down to our genes, our lifestyle, or both. I also wanted to find out how I could help them to manage the side effects of their conditions and medication and help to prevent any recurrence. More and more I see the effect our lifestyle and routine has on people, and how connected it is with everything from gut complaints to serious chronic illness and low mood.
Most of the patients I see have been to other practitioners before they discover me, but haven’t really found a way forward. I work closely with people who really value their health and are ready to commit to making positive changes to get to the root cause of their health problems. I work mostly by referral so I end up seeing entire families or groups of friends, or seeing people through important life stages, such as pregnancy.
I work mostly on a 1 to 1 programme basis with patients in London, across the UK and around the world and I run group programmes (usually online). I also consult businesses and design and run educational events and wellness programmes or initiatives for both professional and public institutions.
I run my own functional medicine clinic, work with Europe's leading functional medicine practice The London Clinic of Nutrition and work with a cardiologist network in the United States so my clients are based both in the UK and internationally.
What I can help you with
- Nutrigenomics - how you can apply knowledge of your genetic make up to your lifestle and dietary choices and how they correlate with health concerns (especially mood disorders).
- Autoimmune thyroid issues
- Gastrointestinal Health - Issues such as bloating, IBD, acid reflux, sluggish or inefficient digestion, food sensitivities and intolerances.
- Smart Eating & Practical Nutrition Support
- Healthy eating, meal ideas, shopping support & detoxing your kitchen.
- Weight Loss & Emotional Eating - Healthy weight loss, breaking bad habits, weight and blood sugar management & detoxification.
- Keeping Your Muscles & Joints Health - Joint and muscle aches & pain.
- Women's Health - Female hormonal imbalance, reproductive issues, PMS, pregnancy, pre-conception planning, post-partum care and paediatric health, IVF support.
- Men's Health - Including prostate, urinary and other problems, managing stress & energy levels and better food choices during the working day for good digestion.
Stress management, sleeping problems, low energy & fatigue, low mood and foggy memory.
- Chronic Disease Prevention & Management - insulin resistance & cardiovascular health, lyme disease, mould issues, chronic viruses.
- Skin Health - rosacea and other skin conditions
- Finding A Healthy Immune Response - Poor immunity including recurring colds, outbreaks, cold sores and auto-immune conditions. Allergies or skin manifestations.
- Sports Nutrition - How to eat for the kind of exercise that you are doing & your body type
Training, qualifications & experience
CNM Dips Nutrition, Herbal Medicine, Iridology, Ear Acupuncture
Functional Medicine Practitioner - Cert pathway
Genomic & Functional Testing - Opus 23 certified Expert, various genetics qualifications
Food Intolerance Testing
Stool testing, including certified MapmyGut practitioner, SIBO training with Dr Siebecker
DUTCH hormone testing
Heavy metals and chemicals testing
QRA - Quantum Research Foundation
Healing Herbs Bach Flower Therapy
Cancer - integrative therapies, training with Penny Brohn, Chanchal Cabrera
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
The initial appointment takes 90 minutes and includes a personalised health plan, a 15m clarification call to put an implementation strategy into place and email support for the two weeks following the appointment.
This is purchased in hourly blocks:
- £150 per hour for in-person and telephone appointments, email support (including Iridology appointments)
- £50 for a 30m acute herbal consultation (includes dispensing but not herbs or postage)
Programmes & Bundles
Please speak to me about going on a signature programme.
All herb blends are tailored specifically to you upon consultation.
Herbal Medicine & Bach Flowers
- Bach flower remedy £5 per bottle
- Herbal medicine – tincture £12 per 100ml
- Herbal medicine – capsules £20 per 100 capsules
- Herbal medicine – powder £12 per 100g
- Herbal medicine – cream £15 per 60g pot
- Herbal medicine – tea £10 per 100g
Postage costs for herbs will be calculated according to weight. I no longer post glass bottles or jars.
Items are sent signed for with Royal Mail or by courier. Costs: £6 for herb parcels under 1kg, £9 for herb parcels between 1-2kg.
Please book in for a call before booking an appointment.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
|Other languages:||French, Spanish|
Please book in for an initial call at https://calendly.com/carolinabrooks. You can book an appointment on Calendly or via my website or call London Clinic of Nutrition for their appts.