M. Belle Amatt
82 Goldstone Villas
The Sussex Osteopath and Complementary Health Clinic
135-137 High Street
I am a registered nutrition consultant with a BSc in Nutritional Medicine working from West Sussex and Brighton/Hove. I also lecture at the College of Naturopathic Medicine in Brighton in Nutrition and Biomedical Science. As a member of The British Association of Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) I regularly update my knowledge by attending seminars and conferences in order to deliver the most up to date nutritional advice.
I work with clients on a one-to-one and also offer workshops on a variety of nutrition topics. Popular workshop themes have included GLOW which is my two week skin health programme, NUTRITION TRANSITION in which we discussed nutritional approaches to 'the change' and DETOX programmes. The latter guides participants through a mini cleanse in a supportive group environment. I also offer food intolerance testing through Lorisian. This is a skin prick test which is sent to the diagnostic Lorisian lab.
My approach is to blend information and scientific research with practical eating programmes and a good level of motivation. I am also careful to take into account lifestyle and budget, and to work closely with an individuals own goals.
Additionally I offer school based workshops and lectures.My lecture style is interactive and engaging with the aim of offering students healthy knowledge which will remain with them long after the end of the session.
Presentations are designed to suit the needs of the customer: EG I've recently presented for the Pilates Foundation AGM on Musculoskeletal health and for foreign students on Surviving the UK diet!
After training as a Nutrition and Mind Coach when working on Government funded programmes I developed a keen interest in guiding children and their families towards a healthier way of eating. My Taste Explorers programme offers an interactive approach for extending a child's palate.
Additionally I provide menu creation for event and digital companies, write articles, blog and write women's fiction. You can get regular inspirational updates from my blog www.belleamatt.com/blog/
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc Nutritional Medicine - I undertook my clinical training at Thames Valley University.
Nutrition and Mind Coach (MEND) - I trained as a Nutrition and Mind coach in order to work on MEND courses in West Sussex. The behaviour change and coaching techniques which I studied have been invaluable.
BANT registered - As a member of this governing body I am committed to take part in continual professional development which ensures that I'm kept up to date in the latest scientific advancements, developments in nutritional research and the latest new diagnostic tests.
CNHC registered - The CNHC was set up with government support to protect the public by providing a UK voluntary register of complementary therapists. By using this register the public can check that practitioners meet standards of competence and practice. I feel it is important to carry this hallmark.
"For the first time in a long time I actually feel good about my body, and myself! Thank you so much Belle you and the June Cleanse have changed my life. After my husband died I lost interest in food and could see no point in cooking/preparing meals for just myself. Now I really look forward to my meals and really enjoy preparing delicious, simple recipes, which make me feel good!" (Paula, West Sussex, July, 2014)
"Belle's Fussy Kids workshop was brilliant. Belle is positive and non-judgemental and has a wealth of expertise and practical ideas. I never thought I'd see the day when both my kids would be leaping up and down demanding a taste of beetroot, but it happened this morning!" (Becky, Sussex, January 2014)
"The 'session' with Belle was a really thorough and personalised exploration of what would be good to eat and what it might be better not to. It was fascinating,enlightening and really useful." (Teenage consultation, by Pippa - Mum- Sussex)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Initial assessment phone call or email exchange is free and is recommended in order that we can establish whether a consultation would suit your needs.
- Initial consultation of 1.5 hours is £80. This includes a health and dietary assessment, discussion on goals and the delivery of a nutrition programme with supplement advice (if required).
- Follow Up consultations of 1 hour are £60
- The first 2 appointments when booked together are £130
- Appointments for under 16's are £65 for 1.5 hours or £55 for an hour. (These generally include an interactive style consultation)
- Telephone consultations of 1 hour are £40
- A concession of 10% reduction applies to over 65's and students
Please note that all prices include e-mail support.
Consultations are held at the very charming Sussex Osteopaths and Complementary Health Clinic in the West Sussex village of Hurstpierpoint or at Chiropractic First in Hove.
If it is more convenient I am happy to travel to your home or office. There is no travelling charge within a 5 mile radius but beyond this I charge 50p per mile.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I work daytime, evenings and some Saturdays. Early morning appointments starting at 7 am are also available for those requiring pre - work appointments.