Barbara Daughters BSc (Hons)
Do you want some sound advice about diet and lifestyle to help you achieve your personal health goals? if so, I can help you.
I have been involved in the health business since 1996 when I trained in Holistic and Beauty Therapies. From 1998 I ran my own successful Health and Beauty Salon in Bramley. In 2008, I started my BSc (Hons) degree in Nutritional Therapy. I quickly discovered that food and emotions are closely linked, so I also chose to qualify in health coaching with a practitioner certification in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) in 2009. In September 2014 I also completed my training as a Master NLP Coach.
The combinations of my skills and qualifications allows me to offer clients the benefits of being able to work in a 3 dimensional way:
(1) Physiological: Looking at the underlying causes of health symptoms
(2) Physical: Working on physical issues through the use of massage or reflexology
(3) Emotional: Working on emotional aspects to help optimise health via effective coaching
From 2012 to 2015 I also work part time for CNELM (Centre for Nutrition Education and Lifestyle Management) College in Wokingham as a Professional Mentor and Module Leader for the NLP Training.
I now have a part-time practice from home in Wiltshir
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (Hons) in Nutritional Therapy
Master NLP Coach
Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
UK College of Personal Development
International Institute of Health & Holistic Therapies Diploma in Reflexology
International Institute of Health & Holistic Therapies Diploma in Indian Head Massage
International Institute of Health & Holistic Therapies Diploma in Beauty Therapy - including Swedish Massage
Full member of The Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Digestive problems *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Skin health and conditions *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Nutritional Therapy consultation: £50 per hour
- 1-to-1 consultation: first appointment usually takes 1.5-2 hours
- Follow up appointments range from 30-60 minutes
- A consultation involves a detailed look at your overall health and how illnesses and events during your life may be impacting the health conditions you are now experiencing. I will review your current and past food intake from a completed food diary and make realistic and achievable recommendations which can help improve your health, energy and vitality. You will receive an individual summary of recommendations specific to your own health needs
- Detailed personalised weekly food plans and recipes can be provided at extra cost.
- Laboratory testing, other diagnostic techniques and supplements, if necessary, may incur a separate charge.
Dietary Analysis and advice: 30 minutes - £30
NLP Coaching: 55 minutes - £40.00
Reflexology: 55 minutes - £40.00
Massage: 30 minutes - £20.00
45 minutes - £30.00
60 minutes - £40.00
Head, neck & shoulder massage with mini facial treatment: 60 minutes - £50.00
Appointments are available most days, including some evening and weekends.
Skype or telephone consultations are also available.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Appointments are available most days including some evening and weekend appointments, including Skype or telephone consultations.