Atiya Khan BSc (Hons), PGCE, Dip. CNM, mBANT, CNHC
Wellbeing Floor 4B/4C
80 Stokes Croft
07901 532704 / 07901 532704
I am a Naturopathic Nutritional Therapist and Yoga Teacher practicing in Bristol.
My passion is using food and lifestyle to help you feel at your best. I will listen to you, ask you questions and advise on addressing your issues, using my scientific and holistic appraoch.
- Feel tired all time?
- Have sugar or other food cravings?
- Have gastrointestinal issues, such as bloating?
- Find it hard to concentrate?
- Get colds or ill a lot?
- Have trouble sleeping?
- Find it hard to lose or keep the same weight?
- Have mental health issues?
- Get PMS, irregular periods or fertility issues?
- Want to support your heart health?
- Want healthy skin, hair and nails?
- Want a balanced diet?
- Want advice on going vegetarian or vegan?
Nutritional therapy can help with these and support you with particular health conditions. I aim to find the cause of your issues (using testing, where necessary) and work with you in agreeing a food and lifestyle plan that is achievable and realistic. I use food as a medicine, advising on particular foods to support your individual needs, as each person is unique.
Please give me a call on 07901532704 to discuss how nutritional therapy can help you - no strings attached!
You can also look at my website as above.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a degree in Biochemistry & Biological Chemistry (University of Nottingham, 2002), and previously worked as a solicitor in London and primary school teacher in Bristol. I qualified as a Naturopathic Nutritional Therapist in 2015 with the College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM), where I gained over 200 hours in clinics and have been practising since.
I am registered with the British Association of Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council.
I see clients individually, teach yoga, run health retreats, cooking demonstrations, health talks and am an Assistant Clinical Supervisor for CNM, where I trained. I previously worked at Amchara Health Retreats.
I am also a health writer and have had articles published by CNM, local health food shop Wild Oats, Natural Lifestyle Magazine, Bristol Bite Magazine and other publications. I am a Feature Writer for BANT, writing technical papers for other practitioners. I have also appeared on local BBC Radio Bristol.
I am passionate about keeping up to date with the latest scientific research, and regularly undertake continuous professional development (CPD) training in varied topics. Recent topics included Nutrigenomics, Aging, Liver Detoxification and Gut Health. I am also due to qualify as a Naturopath later in Autumn 2017.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
- Initial phone conversation (15-20 minutes) FREE
- One-to-one consultations (minimum two appointments):
Initial appointment: £60
Follow-up and subsequent appointments: £45
- Wellness packages (consultation with private yoga class):
General wellness package (one consultation, one yoga class): £80 In-depth wellness package (two consultations, one yoga class): £115
- Home cooking packages (consultation with home cooking session):
General home cooking package (one consultation, one home cooking session): £95
In-depth home cooking package (two consultations, one home cooking session: £130
I am also an experienced yoga teacher, and offer health retreats, including yoga and food demonstrations: http://atiyayoga.com/
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Weekdays. Some evenings and weekends (limited). Please call me to discuss.