Anne Richardson BSc (Hons) FSc Dip.ION Nut.Therapy MBANT CNHC
Millstream Medical Centre
I have had a lifelong interest in a holistic approach to health, nutrition and well-being. A resident in Salisbury for over thirty-five years, I am married with four children. Despite a very busy lifestyle, as a passionate believer in the nutritional value of good food, I have always cooked from basic ingredients to provide my family with essential nourishment and nurture.
Originally i gained a BSc honours degree in biology and related subjects at London University and a postgraduate certificate in education at Bath University. I have taught biological sciences including human biology to secondary school students. Whilst teaching I developed an interest in yoga and gained my teaching certificate with the British Wheel of Yoga (BWOY) and then proceeded to achieve junior intermediate level status as an Iyengar yoga teacher. I then embraced the opportunity to further my knowledge in nutrition and in doing so succeeded in achieving recognition in an area of lifelong passion. studied for three years at the renowned Institute for Optimum Nutrition, gaining a diploma in nutritional therapy dip.ION and an FSc degree at Bedford University.
By continuing to further my knowledge and expertise I strive to ensure that I provide the very best service for my clients at Nourish & Nurture nutritional therapy. My clients derive benefit from my extensive study of current nutritional and scientific research literature. For example as a member of the British Association of Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and the Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM) I gain access to Evidence-Based Databases including the Natural Standard Database and the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, periodicals and journals such as Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine,Integrative Medicine, A Clinician’s Journal (IMCJ) and Natural Solutions: Vibrant Health, Balanced Living,Medical Education Dialogues (IFM MED)
I regularly participate in on-line webinars and attend conferences and seminars given by leading experts on the latest advances in nutritional medicine.
I have attended and completed the inaugural Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP™-UK) training in London in 2011. I also attended additional Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) training in 2013 in which I completed the Advanced Practice module entitled Restoring Gastrointestinal Equilibrium and in 2014 in which I completed the Advanced Practice module entitled Functional Nutrition ‘Head to Toe’.
At Nourish & Nurture nutritional therapy, the Functional Medicine model of a process-based assessment of individual drivers of health which facilitates a truly personalised approach to nutrition, diet and lifestyle recommendations is an integral part of nutritional therapy consultations.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Honours Biology and related studies – Queen Mary College, University of London
- Postgraduate Certificate of Education – University of Bath.
- FSc Nutritional Therapy – University of Bedford.
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy – Institute for Optimum Nutrition.
- Junior Intermediate Iyengar Yoga teacher – Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute.
- Membership of Professional Organisations
- British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Complementary Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- Iyengar Yoga Association of the United Kingdom (IYA UK)
- Membership of Organisations
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- Dorset Iyengar Yoga Association (DHIYI)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Anaemia *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Digestive problems *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Life stages
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Please refer to my website for for listings of services and fees.
I am very happy to support clients with any health issues however I am particularly interested in two specific areas of health dysfunction and focus on working with clients:
- To support a healthy endocrine system to promote feelings of well-being and the ability to adapt to the pressures and stresses of a modern lifestyle.
Our endocrine system when operating in perfect health ensures we enjoy optimal energy levels, a healthy and regulated blood sugar balance, emotional and psychological well-being and a state of optimal gastrointestinal health.
- To support a healthy functioning gastrointestinal system.
Enjoying gastrointestinal health is vital to one’s quality of life. Nutrition and its components, including food, food groups, food concentrates and bacteria, are key components of healthy gastrointestinal well-being.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|