Amanda Aitken BSc (hon) MSc ANutri
160 Bolton Road
07958416223 / 07958416223
Amanda is a qualified Nutritionist registered with Association for Nutrition and a member of the Nutrition Society. The founder of Red Cabbage Nutrition, a consultancy & a social enterprise. Amanda loves food, diet and is passionate about its link with health. .
Amanda is available for one- to-one consultations providing information empowering you to make informed choices on how best to improve your diet, thus enabling you to plan your meals and cook from scratch for yourself and/or your family. Group seminars; such ‘cook&eat’ sessions for workplaces, children's centres or schools are also available.
Amanda’s experience of working within nutrition and her research that ensures Amanda can advise on nutritional needs, deliver training and aid in all aspects eating well.
Amanda recently appeared as a gusset on Radio Chorley Ruth’s Healthy Breakfast show to discuss vitamin D, she has attended & submitted posters European conferences and presented at the Nutrition society Conferences. Amanda is a part time Research Assistant at the University of Chester
Training, qualifications & experience
Amanda has a BSc (hons) in Human Nutrition, an MSc in Public Health Nutrition I am registered as an Associate Nutritionist with the Association for Nutrition and a member of the Nutrition Society.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Constipation *
- Digestive problems *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Life stages
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|