Allison Williams DipNT, mBANT, CNHC
29A Gower Road
The Whitchurch Clinic
2 Merthyr Road
I believe that small changes to the way we eat can make a big difference to how we feel. I am passionate about empowering each client to take control of their health and wellbeing by providing an individual tailored approach.
What to expect at a Nutrition Consultation?
Before your first consultation you will be sent a questionnaire and I will also ask you to complete a 5 day food and mood diary so that I can have an initial idea of your overall nutrient intake and health history.
At the initial consultation – which takes 90 minutes – we will talk about your detailed history and look at your current health concerns, symptoms and treatment and all interactions among genetic, environmental, emotional and lifestyle factors, that can influence your health. When it is useful I might also recommend Functional Testing to help with an even more individualised and specific nutritional and lifestyle programme for your specific needs.
What you’ll get after your consultation?
You will receive a personalised lifestyle plan with nutritional advice, guidance on lifestyle changes, a supplement plan (if required) and an explanation of the current triggers and how the recommended changes can improve your health.
Follow up sessions are recommended 4 - 6 weeks after the initial consultation to review your progress and health goals.
Some people may require a number of follow up sessions, especially if they have been experiencing symptoms for several months or years.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am fully qualified as a nutritional therapist and registered with both the British Association of Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and the government recognised Complementary and Natural Health Council (CNHC).
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Appointments are available at the following clinics:
- Sketty Therapies, Swansea, SA2 9BX
- The Whitchurch Clinic, Cardiff, CF14 1DG
- The Health Dispensary, Neath, SA11 1NU
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|