Alexis Prior DipION, FdSc, MBANT, CNHC
Equilibrium Natural Health Centre
23 Leafield Way
Leafield Industrial Estate
The Bath Practice
26 Monmouth Street
01225 466847 / 07909 732017
I offer one-to-one nutritional therapy consultations in Bath, from The Bath Practice and Equilibrium Natural Health Centre, Corsham.
My practice is evidence-based and uses a functional medicine approach, which considers the underlying causes of symptoms, and how nutritional imbalances can contribute towards these.
I endeavour to give my clients the knowledge and tools to understand how their diet is impacting on their health and work with them to put a tailored, enjoyable and effective plan in place. This includes dietary and lifestyle changes and supplements where appropriate. I can also recommend non-invasive clinical testing when needed.
My key areas of interest include gastrointestinal health, auto-immune conditions, weight loss and hormonal health with particular interest in thyroid and adrenal support. I also offer genetic testing for optimum health support.
I am a coach for the renowned Metabolic Balance 12 week Weight Loss Programme.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a DipION nutritional therapist having studied at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition and graduated with Distinction and the Dian Shepperson Mills award for Outstanding Clinical Performance.
I am a full member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
I also undertake Continuous Professional Development to ensure safety and competence as a nutritional therapist and healthcare provider.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Initial consultation 1 - 1.5 hours - £90
- Follow-up consultations 45 mins - 1 hour - £65
- 12 week Metabolic Balance Weight Loss Programme - £695 (includes blood testing, personal programme and 6 consultations over 12 weeks)
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|