Alexandra Cook BSc (hons) Pg Dip - Dietitian
Grey Road Car Park
Henley On Thames
DIET 360 (previously known as Alexandra Nutrition) is a private Dietetic and Nutrition consultancy. I am a Registered Dietitian with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). I have had over a decade of experience in dietary management, working with a variety of people looking to make changes to their nutrition plans to better benefit their lives. I strongly believe that with the correct balance in our diet we can achieve optimum health and performance. I am a contributor to a number of publications within the diet and fitness industries including Athletics Weekly, Running Fitness and Trail Running magazine.
Juggling competitive running, two children and a career I am aware of how daily life can impact negatively on our health and food choices. Each individual is unique, placing different demands on their body and their diets, as an experienced sports and clinical dietitian my aim is create tailored plans to help you reach and surpass your goals.
I have experience in a number of fields through close partnership with the NHS, the Ministry of Defence and a number of rehabilitation and physiotherapy clinics. My years of competitive running helps me identify and work successfully with a number of professional and amateur athletes on improving performance through diet and nutrition.
What is a Dietitian?
Registered Dietitians (RDs) are the only qualified health professionals that assess, diagnose and treat diet and nutrition related clinical problems. The title dietitian is protected by law and only those registered with the statutory regulator The Health and Care professionals council can use the title. All advice I give with be evidence based and will not involve promotion of products or supplements.
Training, qualifications & experience
I graduated in 2005 with a BSc (hons) Sports Science and Post graduate qualification in Nutrition and Dietetics (Pg. Dip). Since qualifying I have had 10 year's experience including:
- A variety of specialisms in the NHS
- Working in research with the Ministry of Defence
- The British Forces Dietitian in Germany
- Working in rehabilitation and physiotherapy clinics
- Nutritional screening training to health care professionals
- Menu and recipe analysis
- Supporting recreational and professional sports individuals
- Writing for various sports magazines eg. Athletics weekly, Trail running magazine
- TV work - Channel 4 Embarrassing Bodies
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Please contact me to discuss prices for services offered . Packages and monthly offers are available alongside one of email support for those of you that require quick, instant advice.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I offer consultation via Skype so i can be more flexible to consult you around work and family commitments.