Alexander Georgiou DipCNM, mBANT, CNHC
Brixton Therapy Centre
510 Brixton Road
The Charterhouse Clinic
98 Crawford Street
07939 085402 / 07939 085402
I want to make it as easy as possible for you to take back your health through guided nutrition and lifestyle advice. I believe in order to achieve wellness, you must first establish the cause of the imbalance. Treating symptoms does not fix the problem, it is merely like putting a plaster over a wound, whilst you can’t see the wound, it is still there. My approach to nutritional therapy and wellness encompasses the functional medicine model. By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, Functional Medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. I spend time listening to my client's histories and looking at the interactions amongst genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease.
"today is the first day in a long time that I feel I have no stomach issues so your advice would appear sound." JW -January 2016
"Alex has improved my daily life and the way I feel. I am very grateful that he dedicated the time and energy to help me.many many thanks Alex" AB - March 2016
"Just an update, I lost 6 kilos so far!! This is a great news! i feel much better and full of energy!!! This thanks to your advice!" GM - October 2016
What to expect from a consultation?
During the first session, which normally lasts 60-90 minutes, a thorough case history is taken to build up a detailed picture of your health.
After the consultation a summary will be emailed to you, alongside an eating programme which will fit practically into your lifestyle. To maximise the programme a few carefully selected supplements will usually be suggested as well as some simple lifestyle recommendations.
Follow up appointments allow me to assess your progress and make any adjustments. These usually take place 4-6 weeks apart. The number of consultations you need is dependent on your current health status but one to three follow ups are normally required depending on the individual case.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a fully qualified Naturopathic Nutritional Therapist (DipCNM),
- I am a full member of the British Association of Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT),
- I am also registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), the only register for Nutritional Therapy recognised by the Department of Health.
My main areas of expertise lie in anything related to the gut including yeast overgrowth such as Candida, Parasite infections, dysbiosis and SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth). I am also experienced in dealing with 'Adrenal Fatigue' and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis as well as other hormone imbalances.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
£100 - Initial Consultation
£50 - Follow Up
£100- Initial Consultation
£60 - Follow Up
1-1 Food Shopping Consultation
£60 for 1 hour.
One hour accompanied shopping around Whole Foods or a store of your choice, helping you make the right food choices towards your health goals.
15% discount for Students & OAP's
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 10am until 7pm Saturday & Sunday 12pm until 6pm