Know Nutrition is run by Aisling Hall a state registered dietitian based in Moira, Co Antrim. Aisling has 10 years experience working in both the hospital and community setting, which has afforded her to obtain a wealth of experience and knowledge in tailoring nutritional advice to meet the needs of her clients. Aisling can provide expert dietary guidance and advice to individuals or to organisations on a wide range of nutritional topics; including Public Health Nutrition, Health Promotion, Workplace Nutrition and Nutrition and Lifestyle.
Know Nutrition also provides specialist advice on:
- Functional Gut Disorders -IBS (FODMAPS registered practitioner), offering the most effective and up to date nutritional management.
- Inflammatory Bowel disease
- Coeliac disease
- Weight management
- Nutritional support in chronic disease management
By choosing Know Nutrition you will be receiving the most up to date public health and scientific research on food, health and disease, in order to help you make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.
You will be safe in the knowledge that you are are choosing a legally qualified health professional who can address, diagnose and treat a range of medical conditions with dietary therapy.
Aisling is a member of the BDA and Health and Care Professions Council.
Aisling strives to remain up to date with best practice guidance, knowledge and skills by regularly attending professional body meetings. Aisling is also a member of the BDA Gastroenterolgy and Mental health specialist groups.
What to expect at your consultation:
Your initial appointment lasts 60mins. During this time we will:
- Discuss your medical history and current symptoms.
- Examine your food record and explore your daily food intake
- Record your weight and height and calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Establish your goals and aims in a realistic and achievable manner
- Prepare an individual dietary plan
- Discuss contact with your GP as required
- Request additional screening or tests
- Send a copy of your dietary report to your GP
- Agree a review if required
Follow Up appointments: 30-45mins
- Re-evaluate your symptoms
- Discuss your progress to date
- Decide on further input
Training, qualifications & experience
Aisling is a state registered dietitian based in Moira, Co Antrim. She has almost 10 years experience working in both the hospital and community setting, which has afforded her to obtain a wealth of experience and knowledge in tailoring nutritional advice to meet the needs of her clients. Aisling holds a degree in Biochemistry (University of Limerick, Hons) and Masters in Human Nutrition and Dietetics (University of Ulster, Hons).
Aisling spent over 6 years working in the Acute Hospital setting predominantly as a Senior Dietitian in the areas of Critical Care Nutrition and Oncology/Haematology.
In 2009 she obtained a coveted top 5 position for best performing Critical Care Unit in a International nutrition audit.
In 2012 she proceeded to develop and implement the Nutrition Service to the Oncology/Radiatherapy Centre at Beaumont Hospital Dublin. Aisling was also a key collaborator and player on the oncology team who provided a wellness program to Cancer survivors. She used this initiative as a platform to develop her particular interest in Breast Cancer weight management post treatment.
She has worked with the NHS in the community setting since 2013 and currently balances a community dietetic post with a specialist post in Children and Adolescent eating disorders.
She also holds advanced skills in Gut disorders and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and is a registerd FODMAPs practitioner (Kings college London, 2013)
Aisling is also trained in motivational interviewing and utilises Behaviour Change to assist lifestyle change for her clients.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
1hr Initial Consultation - £45
30 -45 mins follow up - £30
FODMAPs diet - £150 includes initial 1 hr consultation and 2 follow ups with full resource material.
Consultations include written correspondence to your GP/Consultant regarding your specific dietary plan and with permission contact may be made to gather further medical information pertinent to your dietary treatment.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|