Want a healthier relationship with food? Join me for some mindful eating!
Date & Time:18th February 2017, 2pm - 4pm
Cost:£20-£30 (early bird tickets £25)
Location:The Light Yoga Space
100 De Beauvoir Road (unit B)
- Find an event in your area
- Would you like to have a healthier relationship with food?
- Are you tired of information overload around food, nutrition and eating?
- Are you constantly starting new diets, in the hope that this time, it will be different?
- Do you feel consumed by dieting, to the point where it can feel like all your energy is taken over by worrying about the next meal?
Join us for a taste of mindful eating!
Imagine a different approach where…
- You learn to develop a healthy relationship with food, freeing up energy to focus on more creative, fun pursuits!
- You can eat without feeling anxious about counting calories, or whether you will be able to stay ‘on plan’.
- You don’t think about food until you’re ready to eat, and when you do eat, you do so without guilt.
- You can balance your inner wisdom around hunger and satiety with outer wisdom on nutrition and healthy eating.
If that sounds great, then join us for a two hour introduction to mindful eating - a practice that can help you to develop a healthier attitude towards food. The session will take place in a peaceful studio in east London, run by two registered dietitians. On the day you’ll experience
- welcome smoothies
- a guided relaxation with an experienced yoga teacher
- an introduction to mindful eating
- an understanding of how mindfulness can help you develop a healthier relationship with food
- two simple practices to help you get started with mindful eating
- a mini guide for you to leave with to continue your practice at home
Please arrive five to ten minutes before the start of the session so that we can get introduced and start on time.
The workshop will be held in the Light Yoga Space Studio in Dalston, east London. The nearest stations are Haggerston, Dalston Junction, and Dalston Kingsland. All are on the overground with easy links to the Jubilee Line at Canada Water or West Hampstead, the Victoria Line at Highbury and Islington, the Central Line and DLR at Stratford and the Hammersmith and City, and District Lines at Whitechapel.
The studio is a little tucked away - the building is number 100, De Beauvoir Road. We are in the warehouse closest to Englefield Road. To get to the studio go to the main entrance, the big blue doors and press 'Buzzer B' for entry. Any problems please contact Laura on 07713157377.
Please note - there are limited 'chairs' in the studio so we will be seated on cushions - if you do need more supported seating please let us know.
I was first quite wary of seeking help from a nutritionist as I had previously been told to...
I suffered from anorexia for a very long time. It started from when I was 3 through to 10....
I've always taken supplements and eaten what I thought was a healthy diet, but I was...