Foodie tots - pre-schoolers healthy eating class
Cost:Free trial class then £9 per class (paid termly)
Location:Healthy Influence Clinic
28a Investment House
- Find an event in your area
Foodie tots is a new class for pre-school children which teaches them to explore healthy foods, particularly fruits and vegetables and helps you to conquer mealtime battles!
Classes are run by trained nutrition professionals, Clare Jeffries (degree qualified, Registered Nutritional Therapist) and Julia Young (qualified nutrition advisor).
The classes are held weekly (at the moment just on Tuesday mornings but new class times will follow) in Weybridge and are aimed at parents who are keen to:
- Encourage their children to be more adventurous with their eating.
- Learn about healthy foods in a fun light-hearted way.
- Particularly suitable for picky or fussy eaters to encourage them to consider new foods in an unpressurised setting.
- Find fun activities to do with their children but also learning valuable information - a playgroup with a purpose!
Centred around the rainbow, each weekly class focuses on different coloured food (usually two vegetables and one fruit). The class includes:
- Two to three simple games which aims to get the child comfortable touching these foods.
- Opportunity to try these foods, usually in two different ways, but with no pressure to do so.
- Colouring sheet relating to the foods focussed on that day for the child to do at home.
- Well done sticker at the end of the class.
- Detailed information sheet for parents, with a recipe, nutritional benefits on the foods discussed that day, along with practical ideas for ways to increase these foods into your family's diet.
- Chance to ask questions to trained nutrition professionals.
For further information and details of how to book for a free trial class, please see www.foodietots.co.uk or call 07977 535383.
About the host
Clare Jeffries BSc. (Hons) NT, Registered Nutritional Therapist and mother to 2 little boys, one of whom was a very fussy eater. Consequently, formulated ways to help your child to get their nutrients even if they are refusing much of what you prepare!
Julia Young is a qualified nutrition advisor with specific training in children's nutrition.
I found a nutritionist on this site after reading an article about sports nutrition. I've...
I was first quite wary of seeking help from a nutritionist as I had previously been told to...
The help and advice from my Nutritionist, with my aim of losing weight through the 5:2 system,...