Food, mood and attitude
Date & Time:5th February 2018, 5pm - 8pm
Cost:£70 (10% reduction on any one to one consultations booked with Dawn for those who attend)
Location:St Mary's Centre
- Find an event in your area
Have a long-standing weight problem? Tried everything in the book and more to lose weight without success? Then food, mood and attitude might be for you.
Starting this January, programmes will be led by registered dietitian Dawn Shotton from Dietwise. You will enjoy four x three hour sessions that will help you address the 'why' of overeating. The course will support and help you establish lasting changes in your behaviour through understanding your relationship with food and teaching you to respond rather than react to food temptations. The course uses the principles of mindfulness to help you appreciate every mouthful and learn to feel satisfied with smaller amounts. You will also explore some of the key emotions that drive eating behaviours and food choices and discover new and alternative strategies to manage.
Join an expert dietitian and:
- Learn to use your senses to stop overeating
- Explore the why and how of eating to gain more control
- Build resilience and positive attitudes towards yourself
- Manage emotional eating
- Understand how food affects mood and get tips to help
- Unpick media images and see how they influence our way of thinking
- Gain confidence in eating the foods you love and still lose weight
- One to one personalised support from experts in weight management
- Tackle stress and deal with put downs mindfully.
About the host
Dawn Shotton is an experienced dietitian with a track record of over 20 years. Her specialist interest is weight management. Dawn understands that eating is as much about the 'why' as it is the 'what' and dovetails her nutrition knowledge with psychological techniques in a winning combination to help people control their weight.
I was first quite wary of seeking help from a nutritionist as I had previously been told to...
The help and advice from my Nutritionist, with my aim of losing weight through the 5:2 system,...
I've always taken supplements and eaten what I thought was a healthy diet, but I was...