Food mood and attitude
Date & Time:31st October - 5th December 2016, 5.30pm - 9.30pm
Location:Eastlea Community Centre
- Find an event in your area
Join an expert dietitian and behaviour coach for a free six-week course
- Learn to use your senses to stop overeating.
- Explore the why and how of eating – to gain more control.
- Build resilience and positive attitudes towards yourself.
- Manage emotional eating.
- Understand how food affects mood - and get tips to help.
- Unpick media images and see how they influence our way of thinking.
- Gain confidence in eating the foods you love – and still lose weight.
- One to one personalised support from experts in weight management.
- Tackle stress and deal with put downs mindfully.
Funded through European Social fund and Durham County Council.
Participants must be resident in the East Durham area and be over 19 years.
About the host
Dawn Shotton is an experienced dietitian with a track record of over 20 years. Her specialist interest is weight management. Dawn understands that eating is as much about the 'why' as it is the 'what' and dovetails her nutrition knowledge with psychological techniques in a winning combination to help people control their weight.
I found a nutritionist on this site after reading an article about sports nutrition. I've...
In my teen years I suffered from Anorexia and was put into a treatment programme. With the...
I was first quite wary of seeking help from a nutritionist as I had previously been told to...