- About us
Here at Nutritionist Resource, we believe everyone deserves health and happiness. Whether you are going through a difficult time, lacking self-love or living with a health condition, it can be easy to keep your worries to yourself. While we all have our own ways of coping, having the right information and support available can make a huge difference.
Diet is the cornerstone of optimal health and well-being and we believe everyone deserves access to quality nutritional information and advice from professionals. It is our mission to make this process as easy as possible, giving you the tools you need to remain happy and healthy.
Not too long ago, it was very difficult for anyone seeking help to find information or a professional who could support them. Being a team who between us have experienced various issues, we know how it feels to be overwhelmed and lacking guidance. Through our own experiences, we have learnt how vital having relevant information is and how the right support can help transform lives.
Our journey inspired us to share what we have learnt along the way with others. Our team is passionate about finding happiness and we want to promote how beneficial it can be to have the support of a professional nutritionist.
In 2005 we launched Counselling Directory, a website dedicated to promoting the benefits of talk therapy. While we continue to work closely with counsellors, psychotherapists and our visitors to ensure we are providing users with the very best service, after the success of the website, we considered the other ways people seek happiness and how else we can offer support. Our passion for health and wellness led us down the path of nutrition, where Nutritionist Resource was created.
Nutritionist Resource is a website dedicated to offering a simple way to connect with nutrition professionals across the UK. You may have a health condition where symptoms can be managed, or prevented by following a tailored diet, or you may be an athlete looking for nutrition advice. You may simply be looking to better your health by adopting a new, balanced diet and healthy way of living.
Whatever your reason, know that change is possible. Remember that support is available and you are not alone in this journey. We want to be the hand to guide you through these often-challenging first steps to health and happiness.
Why choose us?
Nutrition is growing in popularity and while it is positive that individuals are becoming more interested in wellness, there is much that is misunderstood.
We understand that taking these first steps take a huge amount of courage and taking the time to do the research, find a nutrition professional and make contact can be daunting – especially if you don’t know where to look, or what you are looking for.
To get you started on your wellness journey, we have included everything we wish we’d had access to when taking our first steps to health and happiness, including:
- A nationwide database of qualified nutritionists, nutritional therapists and dietitians.
- A Nutritionist Resource policy. This means all professionals are checked to ensure they provide evidence of qualifications or membership with a professional body before they can be listed with us, so you can be sure of contacting a credible professional.
- A detailed library of fact-sheets featuring useful information about some of the reasons you may want to consult a nutritionist. Here you can learn more about nutrition topics and the role diet plays in your life.
- An FAQs section that looks to answer any questions you may have.
- An advanced search tool, which allows you to filter your search according to your needs and location.
- Recent news and Expert articles, where you can find recipes, health advice and keep up to date with all things nutrition.
- A local events section where you can find nutrition workshops and courses to further your learning.
- Member profiles – our members pack their profiles full of information including their background, fees, specialities and availability. This allows you to learn more about them before making contact.
Get in touch
We wouldn’t exist without you, the individuals seeking happiness and the practitioners who share our dream of helping others. It is because of you that we feel it is so important to keep listening and acting upon your feedback.
If you have something to say about the site, a suggestion to make or an experience to share – please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We would love to hear from you.
If you have any queries about how to use the website or how to become a member, please visit our Not sure where to start? section. If you would still like some guidance, fill out our contact form and a member of the Nutritionist Resource team will get back to you as soon as possible.
I've always taken supplements and eaten what I thought was a healthy diet, but I was...
The help and advice from my Nutritionist, with my aim of losing weight through the 5:2 system,...
In my teen years I suffered from Anorexia and was put into a treatment programme. With the...
Are you confident your child is getting the best possible nutrition?Find out in our campaign